LIM Finally went south [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LIM Finally went south

TFA
04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Well after 56,000 Miles my LIM finally started to leak. I brought my car in for 4 tires and an oil change today after my oil change light came on (which I thought was odd as I should have plenty of time left on the oil). I noticed my car was being slugish the past few days which I figured was because of the oil and tires and the freshly re-built tranny, but I still kinda had the feeling that the LIM gasket was the problem. And I got a call a half hour after I dropped off the car and sure enough, its leaking. Thank god for my super comprehensive amazing mechanical warrenty . In the past month I got a new tranny and now a new LIM at no cost to me :applause: . Well I guess Im part of the club now ;crap

bigstribs
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
No cost damn thats awsome man! Howd you pull that off?

Graxall
04-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Well after 56,000 Miles my LIM finally started to leak. I brought my car in for 4 tires and an oil change today after my oil change light came on (which I thought was odd as I should have plenty of time left on the oil). I noticed my car was being slugish the past few days which I figured was because of the oil and tires and the freshly re-built tranny, but I still kinda had the feeling that the LIM gasket was the problem. And I got a call a half hour after I dropped off the car and sure enough, its leaking. Thank god for my super comprehensive amazing mechanical warrenty . In the past month I got a new tranny and now a new LIM at no cost to me :applause: . Well I guess Im part of the club now ;crap

Yea mines gone twice..On two different engines..I should reallllly look into that law suit and get my dough back..700$ each time..and thats because i knew the mechanic/shop so i didnt even pay taxes..

He said he has a warranty...

TFA
04-14-2008, 09:45 AM

http://www.zurichna.com/uug/consumer.nsf/d4e740013bafa31885256c6a005f098a/acc9faf1a8d8a2b385256eac006f9b95!OpenDocument

got it when i got the car. best $1100 i ever spent, already paid for itself twice. covers basically anything that breaks on the car. ever.

Bryan
04-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Can't beat that. Still sucks that it went though.

AznGA
04-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeap, I got my LIM done at 60k miles. Luckily I have a friend who is a GM tech, so he did it for me for $300.

My car is at 130k right now and the gaskets still look fine.

cardude007617
04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
so how do we seek money from GM to reimberse us for past LIM repairs?

stillriza
04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
there's a thread on here. Basically you put your name on a list and wait for the trial to finish. Then they get back to everyone who put thier name on the list. You need to fax in all coresponding docs, bills, etc.

xrw600
04-26-2008, 09:41 AM
My LIM blew, and BAD, it spewed coolant out everywhere, then my engine overheated, then my head gaskets blew, and my heads warped... So its getting a new engine as i type this... sorry about your luck man, i know EXACTLY how that feels.

Pinnacle
04-26-2008, 10:52 AM
No worries doing the LIM on our cars is considered regular maintenance :)

Graxall
04-26-2008, 11:26 AM
My LIM blew, and BAD, it spewed coolant out everywhere, then my engine overheated, then my head gaskets blew, and my heads warped... So its getting a new engine as i type this... sorry about your luck man, i know EXACTLY how that feels.

That blows. Theres another LIM thread and the guy was talking about how he fixed the LIM by just putting sealant on the outside where the LIM and block meet...what an :asshat

But ive had the LIM twice n my car. 2 diff engines tho. I should get my ass on that list 2x...get about 1200buckerooskies back.

PhantomLover007
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Damn. That sh!t sucks man. I take it you were on the road when it happened?