Kluber lube rocks [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Kluber lube rocks

TFA
04-16-2008, 12:45 PM
So i just got done lubing up my caliper boots and that stuff works wonders. I had a BAD creaking sound in my front end when i hit the brakes at low speeds. Picked some up a few months ago and finally got around to doing it today. Very easy to do.

AznGA
04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
I am gonna do the same thing very soon. You lubed around the actual caliper pistons right?

Where did you get your Kluber lube? GM dealer?

TFA
04-16-2008, 02:18 PM
yes and yes.

you will need 2 of them , 1 bottle for each caliper boot.

ryanbgb22
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Did you get the sound when the pedal was like slightly pressed? I have a sound when I'm slowing down gradually, but get nothing on a quick stop. It also seems to be worse when the wheel is slightly turned.

Does this sound like the same problem you had? And if so, how exactly does this lube work.

TFA
04-16-2008, 03:09 PM
im not sure about the deal with having the wheel turned. However, you should hear this sound when your car is stopped, and at slow speeds if you gradually/moderately press the brake pedal. The Lube is simple, take off the wheel, remove the top caliper bolt, swing the caliper down to expose the piston. There is a rubber "boot" on the front of the piston that makes contact with the rear brake pad. That rubber boot is dried out, it needs to be taken care of. Thats where Kluber Fluid/Lube comes in. Its a GM product. 1 Bottle per caliper boot. Its about a 4oz container with about 1oz of fluid in it. Squeeze the bottle, get the fluid on the boot. Take a GLOVED finger and get the fluid into all the grooves and around the bottom of the boot (you will see what I mean). Swing the caliper back up, compress the piston with a C-clamp (or the actual tool, whatever) and re-bolt it all, including the wheel. BEFORE YOU DRIVE depress the brake pedal a few times, it will go to the ground the first time, thats normal, you didnt break your car. Keep pumping until you cant anymore. Turn the car on, pump once or twice more, and take it for a SLOW drive to make sure everything is working. And your done.

AznGA
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I get the creaking noise when I brake at slower speeds and when I press the pedal further at a full stop.

TFA
04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
yup. DO IT

dmalle02
04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
yes i have the exact same problem... i herd about this product before and was going to do it i am glad to hear that someone else has done it and it actually worked.. can u pick this product up at a local store or do u have to go directly through gm. is it a fairly easy procedure liek no harder then changing the brakes?

AznGA
04-16-2008, 07:09 PM
If you search, there is a TSB on this. It tells you step by step. It's really easy.

I think this grease is GM specific.....

bryanska
04-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Awesome for you. I had this done by the dealer in 2005, and man did it work wonders. I don't know if it did anything for performance, but it inspired confidence in the car. It sucks driving around a noisy sh!tbox.

GA2000GTSpeed
04-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Yah im have had the same problem ever since ive changed my brake pads. i think that might be my project for tomarrow since i dont work. lol

TFA
04-17-2008, 05:25 AM
yes i have the exact same problem... i herd about this product before and was going to do it i am glad to hear that someone else has done it and it actually worked.. can u pick this product up at a local store or do u have to go directly through gm. is it a fairly easy procedure liek no harder then changing the brakes?

dude, read my posts. Ive already answered all your questions.

AznGA
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Just picked them up at a dealer today. $13 for 2 tiny bottles.....

It would have been a little more on gmpartsdirect.com. These better work.

SSRacer
05-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Going to have to run by the dealer tomorrow and get some of this. I hate the way that creaking sounds. It's embarrassing.

AznGA
05-07-2008, 09:56 PM
So did you guys clean the piston first using whatever or did you just spray the Kluber lube right away?

Bigfoot
05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
This is great im picking it tomorrow, people stare at me funny when i stop at a light.

TFA
05-08-2008, 01:52 AM
So did you guys clean the piston first using whatever or did you just spray the Kluber lube right away?

i cleaned it a little, nothing real intense. The bottles are like eye drop containers, you put little drops on all over the place, then kind of rub it around with a GLOVED finger.

SSRacer
05-08-2008, 07:50 AM
with a GLOVED finger.

No GLOVE no LOVE :D

SSRacer
05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Just called the chevy dealer down the road from my work and their parts department said they have never heard of it.

AznGA
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Just called the chevy dealer down the road from my work and their parts department said they have never heard of it.
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39198

Either they just started their job or they are retarded. :applause:

AznGA
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
i cleaned it a little, nothing real intense. The bottles are like eye drop containers, you put little drops on all over the place, then kind of rub it around with a GLOVED finger.

What did you use to clean?

surreal_awakeni
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Beat me to it... What he said ^^^ P/N 89022161 as stated in that post. GM parts direct shows it listed, so it's still a good P/N

TFA
05-08-2008, 11:32 AM

thats what the parts DIRECTOR said at my dealership, he kept telling me it didnt exist until I told him to look up the part number, man did he feel like an ass afterwards...

TFA
05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
What did you use to clean?

break cleaner FTW. Just make sure its all dry before you lube up

AznGA
07-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Although the creaking was gone, I had some time today to lube my pistons with the Kluber fluid.

We will see how long this is good for.......

Any updates from anyone?

TFA
07-04-2008, 12:12 PM
UPDATE: The creaking came back ;crap . Im done with the GA caliper game, Im getting ready to switch to camaro calipers. If anyone wants more info about the camaro switch look up the camaro ebay find in the for sale section.

AznGA
07-04-2008, 01:06 PM
What a waste of money........
If mine makes the noise again, I am not going to worry about it anymore, as long as it stops. With 140k miles on the car, I can't expect it to be noise-free.

SSRacer
07-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Mine stopped making the noise a few days after lubing. Now it is already starting to some back from time to time...grrrrr

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-05-2008, 10:26 PM
read there is a question at the bottom......first off i store during the winter and in summer add anywhere from 2000 up or down a bit each year. car is at 77,000 klms ( not miles ).

at ABOUT 40 to 50 klms i had the creak , and under warranty they replaced drivers caliper. last summer i got the creak back at it was again in the front. can not remember if it was one or both fronts.
but i decided to try this kluber fluid and i also used Permatex ultra disc brake caliper lube synthentic lube NO: 22063 comes in gren tooth paste style tube.

i know i added this to the back of the pads and on the sliders and i even i pryed up the boot and used a glue tip to rub this lube up inside under the boot just the same as i squirted the kluder. ( doulbe the lube type of protect to avoid creaking from coming back you might say , and i loaded each wholwe bottle in each piston ) , creak seams to be away , but i do not drive car much.

now i have the creak in the backs. so have to tackle that . i do not think the creak is at the front also. just appears to be back. ....

last time i messed up on trying to get the piston out then trying to get it back in. to the point i had to loosen brake bleeder screw, and all that comes when you do that.....

i heard ( correct me ) that i should have taken the cover off my brake master cylinder to relieve pressure .....

IN DETAIL WHAT DO I DO to make it easier this time for me to get caliper piston out then back in . with out have to loosen brake screw and bledding brakes etc. BE DETAIL PLEASE

videoman
07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I tried the Kluber lube twice and also had my calipers replaced under warranty. Both failed, so I went the smart route and got the Corvette/Camaro Calipers and larger rotors.

Happy ever since.
The End