First hot day... and car overheats [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : First hot day... and car overheats

sqdman12
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Well here it is.. the first 85* day of the year and my gt is overheating. I noticed today that the cooling fans are not coming on at all... I have known about the trick of turning on the a/c to force them to come on for awhile now (found that on here). Now my a/c is not coming on either. The light is coming on inside the car, but the clutch is not engaging. Does anyone know if low refrigerant in the system would cause the clutch not to engage. I have let the car get up to 230* before deciding to turn it off. Any help would be great. I have also checked all the fuses. I am not really sure how to check a relay... or that little diode under the hood in the fuse box.

stewartfn18
04-18-2008, 02:53 PM
for the overheating, if the fans are not coming on, you probably have a bad relay. not sure how to bheck though. And for the refrigerant, even if you were low, the ac compressor should still kick on and run, but the air wouldnt be cold. probably an electrical problem as well. Hope this helps.

sqdman12
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Just a little more info... I did crawl under and make sure that the clutch does spin... i can spin it by hand but will not engage when i push the button.