Trans problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trans problem

Iowagdam
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
So I've had this problem for a little while but did not think much of it until now. When I am under hard acceleration, the trans can't decide which gear it should be in and will kinda switch between them trying to find a gear. It's not normal because every time it shifts down I feel the car lurching forward more but then it will shift back to its current gear and continue accelerating. Also, when it reaches the shift point, it will hesitate on the shift then finally shift to the next gear. I did a search and I new somebody had a similar problem with this last year, but I could find the thread. If I remember, they said it was their solenoids that were bad. Is this the case with me? I did have Mark tune me but I'm sure its not that as this started just before I had my pcm tuned.

SSRacer
04-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Mine had been acting up under very hard (to the floor) acceleration. Twice now I have had it floored to pass someone on the highway and I think it was in the top of second gear when it just started bouncing off the rev limiter instead of shifting. Scared the crap out of me and I just backed off. Aside from those two incidents, it is shifting just fine, but I am much more hesitant to stomp on it now.

GrandAmC9
04-23-2008, 01:40 PM
i had that problem, kept driving it now it dosnt shift at all... dont know what the problem is, i'll find out when i go to get it rebuilt this spring