fuel shutoff [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel shutoff

ScottieB
04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
I bought a 2001 GT with a ton of miles on it. I got it cheap due to an intake problem. No big suprise there. First on the agenda was to get it running first to listen to the bottom end, before I replace the intake gasket. I changed the oil and filter plus the fuel filter. I changed the plugs because one was fouled from antifreeze. So I go to start it, and it just cranks over. I put an Autotap on it and it says its a security fuel cutoff. Well, the remote doesn't work so I can't arm and disarm the alarm. Any ideas of how to get it to run? I would buy a new remote, but don't you have to take the car to the dealer for that? Any help out there?

cardude007617
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
ahh passlock at its finest :)

Mike Jung
04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
If you have an alarm installed (which stock, it doesn't):
RTFM for the alarm system; & put it in "Valet Mode".
& then pull the alarm system fuses.

But if AutoTap is saying it is the PassLock II system engaging.
It isn't from your alarm system.
Unless you have a remote starter tapped into it.

ScottieB
04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Sorry for the noobness about the alarm. I thought that it had an alarm because of the factory remote. I didn't see any after market alarm. If is a passkey thing, how can I fix it?

Mike Jung
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Turn everything off: Radio, fan, lights, & pull the parking brake (so there is no DRL/headlights).

Put the key in the ignition to ON.
Wait until the SECURITY light stops blinking.
Then try to start your car.

The leaving your key in the ignition, can be minimum of 11-minutes.
But if you kept on trying to start your car. Each time could add another 11-minute cycle to the time you need to leave it in.

This resets your PassLock II system (Note: PassKey system is different, & we do not have it.)

If your PassLock sensor/ignition cylinder key slot has gone bad:
You will need to have it replaced, & coded for your keys.

ScottieB
04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Thank you Mike. I will give that a try this weekend.

ScottieB
04-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Thank you Mike. I will give that a try this weekend.