Do you have Blindspot Mirrors [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Blindspot Mirrors

stillriza
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a general question.

How many of you guys have blind spot mirrors installed? I am referring to the circlular ones you can attach to your side view mirrors. Just want your opinion on these. I know there is nothing like turning your head and actually checking your blind spot but has this mirror really helped you driving?

I was speaking with an insurance agent today to lower me premium cuz my windows are tinted and he told me If i had those mirros on, I actually save $4 a month on my premium. For the price tag of the mirros ($2.99 at autozone) it sounds good to me.

Mike Jung
04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
What blind spot ?

If you have your side view & rear view mirrors adjusted properly.
You have no blind spots.

There is no need to turn your head right around to see what is happening behind you.

I just turn my head to look into the rear view mirror, then the side view mirror, & check to see if someone is literally beside me (or 2- lanes over).

See: Setting Your Car's Mirrors (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51700)

PhantomLover007
04-25-2008, 06:09 PM
There is a blind spot somewhere after the quarter glass. I don't have any blindspot mirrors installed, but been thinking of getting some. Motorcycles are the worst to see in those areas.

Mike Jung
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
There is a blind spot somewhere after the quarter glass. I don't have any blindspot mirrors installed, but been thinking of getting some. Motorcycles are the worst to see in those areas.
Like what ?
3-lanes over ?

Like I said, if the mirrors are adjusted properly (& used properly): There are no blind spots.

Unless you count: Literally behind your bumper.

PhantomLover007
04-25-2008, 06:16 PM
No. 2 lanes over ... lol

Pinnacle
04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
What Mikes saying is blind spot mirriors are for old folk

;)

geldartb
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM

;)

yet they still fail to use them correctly and almost run me off the road.

PhantomLover007
04-25-2008, 06:45 PM

;)

Oh. So I'm old now. Huh MJ??? You're just as old as I am.... :asshat lol lol

stillriza
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I disagree, there are still blind spots. Unless you have eyes in the back of your head there are areas where you wont see a car, cyclist etc when they are next to you. If had that so many times where i check my mirrors and there is nothing there, but when you look over you see someone in the lane next to you. And the side mirrors on the GA don't give you the best visibility.

PhantomLover007
04-26-2008, 03:56 AM
That's why I normally sped up or slow down so it can pass, to make sure there isn't something next to me

videoman
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM
With the 02 2door GT I find that there is no real blind spots. Because it has the larger side mirrors and no 4 door pillars in the way, I can see just fine. The 4 doors have a mild blind spot, but nothing major.

silvergtjrad
04-26-2008, 10:52 AM
If $4 a month really is bothering you, then buy them. There is no need to put them on the car unless you physically cant see out of your rear windows.

PhantomLover007
04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
If $4 a month really is bothering you, then buy them. There is no need to put them on the car unless you physically cant see out of your rear windows.

That's an extra gallon of gas that you can save man. Gotta stretch the budget any way you can...

silvergtjrad
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
That's an extra gallon of gas that you can save man. Gotta stretch the budget any way you can...

If $4 makes a difference to you every month, you better be at work busting some ass and not posting on this forum.

Another thing you could do is get the mirrors, show them to the ins. company then take them off if you dont like them. I doubt anyone is going to bust your balls too much if they ever found out.

PhantomLover007
04-26-2008, 12:44 PM
If $4 makes a difference to you every month, you better be at work busting some ass and not posting on this forum.

Another thing you could do is get the mirrors, show them to the ins. company then take them off if you dont like them. I doubt anyone is going to bust your balls too much if they ever found out.

It does when you're making around $.75 an hour for uncle sam... lol . j/k

geldartb
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
It does when you're making around $.75 an hour for uncle sam... lol . j/k

what is this prison where you make like 3.00 a week

PhantomLover007
04-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Let's see. If we're soldier's 365/366 days a year (can be called up any time). I'll see if I can find the calculations somewheres for ya..

AznGA
04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Well if this is something that can make you safer, why not get them even if you can save only 2 cents a month?

http://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0056.htm

I know this kit above is a lot more expensive, but I used to think this would be a cool idea.

stillriza
04-28-2008, 10:36 AM
those are cool! expensive but cool

Also..i wasnt worried about the $4 i save a month..i mentioned i was surprised to know that they save you $$

Besides, for all the guys out there who fork out $300/month on insurance, im sure $4 a month in savings on that premium for a $2 mirror would make them happy.

I am not gona get them..unless i can find those signal ones for like $20.

tonySE1
04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I had these mirrors on my old car and I got my mom to get them on her car... they really work well. I keep meaning to put these on my car but I never seem to get around to it. No matter what, you have a blindspot, even if it is small with proper adjustments... I've been saved from many accidents by having these mirrors.

AznGA
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
I had these mirrors on my old car and I got my mom to get them on her car... they really work well. I keep meaning to put these on my car but I never seem to get around to it. No matter what, you have a blindspot, even if it is small with proper adjustments... I've been saved from many accidents by having these mirrors.

Yea, I have been thinking about getting those again. They would look nice at night.

What cars are we talking here? As far as I know, they don't make direct fit ones for the GA. You just have to get the generic kit.

stillriza
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Yea, I have been thinking about getting those again. They would look nice at night.

What cars are we talking here? As far as I know, they don't make direct fit ones for the GA. You just have to get the generic kit.

Ya, the generic kit works well for pretty much most modern cars with decent size side mirrors, including the GA. I believe most of them are the same 3" mirror. I want those with the signal built in. They look nice, but not nice enough to fork out $129 plus shipping considering the mirror is $2 and the led arrow is $11 on ebay.