2.4 not starting acting weird pls help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 not starting acting weird pls help

aaron89
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
this is were it all staterd, starting motor gave out on the car so in stead of changing it there and then i just crossed out the cyleniod so i drove home the best kind, ended up having to go somewer wuick i just crosed her out again and she shut off, started, shut of etc etc for about 5 mins, anywyas i startid flicking the key and crossed it out and she started fine. i wentt were i had to go and all of a sudden all gauges droped to nutting (gas/tach/spedo/temp) nd it shut off. the bat died so i called a friend to boost me and it started up fine and all gauges worked perfecttill i got home. i dont think crossing it out had anyting to do wit it shutting off cause only the cylenoid was gone. today i put a starting motor on it and went to start it and it shut of as soon as it started, and the security lite came on and the gas habd droped to nothing and the svs lite started blinking so i figured the car had gone into theft mode so i let it sit for 15 mins in the on position flicked the key back tried to start it but no go. now the security lite is gone off and still wont start. the relay for the fan1 it says keeps clicking also and the power locks wont lock, same as lastnite wen the car did it the first time. do anybody have any suggestions? its a 2000 2.4...... sory for the long post

aaron89
04-30-2008, 09:25 AM
anyone

buckeyes09
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
did it get hit by lightning?

stillriza
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
this is were it all staterd, starting motor gave out on the car so in stead of changing it there and then i just crossed out the cyleniod so i drove home the best kind, ended up having to go somewer wuick i just crosed her out again and she shut off, started, shut of etc etc for about 5 mins, anywyas i startid flicking the key and crossed it out and she started fine. i wentt were i had to go and all of a sudden all gauges droped to nutting (gas/tach/spedo/temp) nd it shut off. the bat died so i called a friend to boost me and it started up fine and all gauges worked perfecttill i got home. i dont think crossing it out had anyting to do wit it shutting off cause only the cylenoid was gone. today i put a starting motor on it and went to start it and it shut of as soon as it started, and the security lite came on and the gas habd droped to nothing and the svs lite started blinking so i figured the car had gone into theft mode so i let it sit for 15 mins in the on position flicked the key back tried to start it but no go. now the security lite is gone off and still wont start. the relay for the fan1 it says keeps clicking also and the power locks wont lock, same as lastnite wen the car did it the first time. do anybody have any suggestions? its a 2000 2.4...... sory for the long post

grammer & spelling ftl. wow.. i had a hard time making out what you were trying to get across.

i would think you dmg'd the solenoid again. did you install the starter yourself?

lone_wolf025
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
grammer & spelling ftl. wow.. i had a hard time making out what you were trying to get across.

i would think you dmg'd the solenoid again. did you install the starter yourself?

Glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that. Heck I'm posting from my phone and I still make the effort to have grammer and spelling correct.

Anyways its bad juju to "cross" things. Have the batt checked out, then start looking at other things. I'm gonna pit my money on a bad cell in the batt.

PhantomLover007
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Ditto on the spelling/grammar. There is a way to do spell check when you post...

:horse:

aaron89
04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
sorry bout the spelling i found it after ...... a torn ground wire im guessing little black box with a hole in it. bolted it to the frame...best kind then..