Water in drivers foot well [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Water in drivers foot well

76TA01GAGT
05-02-2008, 05:51 AM
We have a 2001 GA-GT. When it rains and its parked just right water gets into the drivers side footwell. Does anyone else have this problem? Where is it coming from? Is the body cladding mounting allowing water in? There are no noticlble paths for the water, but it gets in somehow! Thanks for any input or direction to an old thread thatmay have this issue, Brian.

AznGA
05-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Does the water come down from where the hood latch is?
I had the similar leak problem and it got fixed after the dealer replaced the sunroof glass under warranty.

Ajaxus
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
There's a few threads on this, search should turn it up. Definitely check the sunroof like Yun suggested.

tjc13
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
It's probably related to the sunroof or sunroof drains. Do you have a-pillar gauges? If so, the screws used to mount the gauge pod have been known to pierce the sunroof drain tube and let the water in.

juanvan
05-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Check the specs on the sunroof, You should be able to slide a sheet of paper out of the closed sunroof with minimal effort.
Check all 4 sides for this, If one is loose, the adjustment torx's are inside.
If the adjustment does not work, or you find that all 4 are reasonable and you are still getting a leak, BUT there is No water in the sunroof tray check the tubes as stated above. I use air to get the junk out, then water to make sure they are ok.

If it passes all these test, and you are still getting water, then you my friend fall into my lucky section... The seal, Under the metal is where your leak is at... You will need to replace the sunroof glass to correct this. I had tryed glass seal and it did not work, maybe you will have more luck then me.