so did reserach on this topic / help verify the problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : so did reserach on this topic / help verify the problem

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
never had any indications of a drivers window problem, until i got car out of storage today, tried to power window down. nothing.

only thing i hear is clicking when i push on drivers window switch.

of course al other windows work. i do not hear any motor noise at all with drivers switch.

should these things give you hints of failure.

my 2000 sedan has only seen first 2 winters and is stored last 2 years in heated storage versus the old cold storage.

so why did something quit .

and what is it likely in my case.

so i hear buying motor / regulator are out as far as buying from gm dealer . is that the same thing with switch?

i tell you i bought from ebay for my old / now gone 98 ga coupe , a motor regulator made in china for passenger door .

bribed dealer worker to install it , as i would have screwed up something had i done it.

darn thing 2 years later still works great and quiter then drivers door . faster too but it is newer also then the drivers door.

ramair4thesoul
05-03-2008, 11:18 PM
The switch is going out in mine. You have to apply to perfect amount of pressure and it works. I haven't heard a clicking noise though. Just a suggestion.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
well neighbor came over with small ballpin gammer he taped on it a few times ( motor ) . nothing . then hit hit harder not too hard mind you .

now it works . i guess because that window gets used the most but not alot because i only drive about 1500 klms per , it does not get used alot .

so temporary seized up. so put more lube on track and spray rust check on motor hoping maybe it makes it in to thre motor to lube it . after all when they rust check your car it does not hurt things or not suposed to .

ya dealer wanted $150 motor / 225 regulator / 160 for 5 switch piece . EXPENSIVE . for new switches i think only place to get them is the dealer. regulator and motor ebay etc.

juanvan
05-07-2008, 11:12 AM
This happens b/c the motor Binds in the in regulator assy. I have had to take mine off once for this after it was in storage.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-07-2008, 11:24 AM
explain please when you say it binds. and does it happen often etc. or will or could it . any fix to it with lube any where etc.

juanvan
05-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Well from the window sitting, with the wear is has space for gravity to lock the motor, so it binds the motor in a position where the screw can't turn. When you take the motor out it frees all this as there is no tension then.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
not sure if i 100% get what you explained. but what we did was at first we tapped t a few times fairly lightly with small ballpin hammer . nothing then we un-bolt the motor . it up sprong or has recoil that could take a finger of my friend said. then we bolted it back up , then we re-taped it a few more times . and all was well working again. SOUND STRANGE to you.

juanvan
05-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Thats just how they work.. Its all done with screw mechanics, though I did not have to tap mine.

Ya when you unbolted it, it swung - that was the tension from the window pushing down. Thats what was locking up the motor and not letting it spin.