Running switches [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Running switches

ScathDeSolas
05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Okay I want to run a switch to my interior from the engine bay. I dont know where the hell to drill or if I cant drill where to run the wires. I know on my old car I ran them through the fender. I dont see how that's possible with my 95 GT. Any ideas or solutions are helpful

TFA
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
pull back the driver-side carpet, to the left of the brake pedal, a little up further, there is a rubber grommet with a bunch of wires going through it. Take a coat hangar, attach the wire to the hangar, and poke it through. If you get a good guide, the wire should pop up next to the fuse box under the hood.

tenspeed
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I believe the '95 is different. Wiring went through the firewall via a plug in connector by the drivers side hood hinge on my '96. There might be room up there to drill a hole.

The grommet is on the 99+ Grand Am's.

TFA
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
I believe the '95 is different. Wiring went through the firewall via a plug in connector by the drivers side hood hinge on my '96. There might be room up there to drill a hole.

The grommet is on the 99+ Grand Am's.

yeah..i read that a little too quick and didnt realize it was a '95. ;crap .

onesexyga
05-08-2008, 10:58 AM
My 93 had a grommet in the firewell. It's been a while, and i dont remember exactly, but there is a place to run through in the firewall as stated.