Ecu [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ecu

ScathDeSolas
05-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Yeah I was told to get rid of the speed governor/limiter I have to reflash my ECU... Is this correct or is there another way to do it without spending money. I cant have the limiter for when I'm ready to take this thing to the track after more mods.

Nick-G
05-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Im pretty sure the only way to do that is to have your pcm tuned.

cardude007617
05-15-2008, 09:36 AM
the governor wont affect you at the track anyways.....chances are you wont be going more than 130 on a 1/4 mile track

xGibbYx
05-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Plus, from what i just learned, you can't re-tune the OBD 1.5's....

timka86
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM
well in your case, you can probably just unplug the speed sensor, as mentioned though I doubt you'd go fast enough for that to even matter. you'll prolly get a check engine light, but if the PCM doesn't know how fast you're going, it can't stop you.

ScathDeSolas
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Where do I unplug this sensor? And is it possible to use a 3.3 ohm resistor to cancel out the svs light? And right now I have been on a secluded road. No other cars. I've hit the limiter many times easy. about 107-110 is where it cuts off the engine.

timka86
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
if you have a 4t40 or a 4t45 the output speed sensor is on the passenger side of the trans, on the back of it you'd be able to reach it if you take your passenger side wheel off. you may be able to reach it from the top.it's close to the opening of where the axle goes into the transmission.

ScathDeSolas
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Any reprocussions or things that can go bad by disconnecting it?

angrysk8r
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
...not knowing what speed you're going and then getting raped by a cop

why do you need to go that fast anyways? I have a turbo 3400 and even I'll never hit those speeds on a track and wouldn't want to on a public road. do you have the rated tires to go that fast? brake upgrades? If not you could find a nasty surprise in the road and you'd be screwed.

The only other reason I could see would be if you wanted to dyno in 3rd gear, in which case it would probably just be easier to dyno in 2nd gear.

Lab Rat
05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Any reprocussions or things that can go bad by disconnecting it?

Do you mean besides not being able to handle the car after a catastrophic failure?
You're not driving a Ferrari. Even after a 1000 bux + in wheel, tire, brake and suspension upgrades I don't feel real safe running that fast. BTW, I still have my rev limiter. If you do disable the limiter you may want to start saving up, reckless op is a really expensive ticket, not to mention insurance increases.

ScathDeSolas
05-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh no I'm not worried about any of that. And yes I have high rated tires. I have great brakes. It's all a straight line and I know it doesnt take much to make a car spin out. And where I go cops cant go. And the road has no speed limit. And no one drives on it at the times I go. I'm just curious as to how to stop the rev limiter. And the speed sensor disables the speedometer as well?

Shock24Z
05-15-2008, 02:38 PM
And no one drives on it at the times I go.

Bet your life on it?

timka86
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
And the speed sensor disables the speedometer as well?

yes,

what I don't know and can't prove is what the PCM will do when it doesn't sense speed, because the way it's made is to make the trans shift at certain speeds and when it's not detecting a speed it may just go into safe mode wich i think is just locked in 2nd gear. well at least I know that's what happens in chrysler cars when the speed sensor goes bad.

iceman
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
erm, well, you have a 95, you can't reflash if you have the obd1.5. On top of that, you'll never get help here to remove your limiter considering you are doing this on a public road.. your car will never be fast enough to need this at the track. The governor in this case is idiot insurance, be lucky it's there.