Pass window issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pass window issue

dooder85
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
So as I was cruising down the freeway the other day, my bro put down the passenger side window, or tried to. It hadn't been going down for the past few months, I'd just gotten used to it not moving. Anyways, I hear "oh f*ck" being uttered, and i look over and the window is sitting at a 30 degree angle, half down, the back edge still up and the front edge over half way down. Luckily, it didn't fall out, but moving the switch just rattled the window around, it wouldn't go back up. Once we got to a parking lot, he held the window in line with the frame and we eventually got it back to the full and upright position.
Now, I've never looked inside a door panel on a grand am (never really had reason to), I'm assuming this is a problem with the window motor, are these panels fairly easy to take off? it's a 92 grand am GT coupe. It'd never be as simple as the window just jumping off the arm... would it?

hardcore
05-26-2008, 05:13 PM
It could of just came off the track, don't replace the motor just yet. Take the door panel off,shouldn't be hard just a couple of screws and basically plastic pop pins! Anyway, there should be a white plastic piece that holds the lines. check to make sure this isn't broke! not very much from the dealership but you could check out a salvage yard for the piece, if it isn't that piece then think about the motor!k!

bigbenSC
05-26-2008, 07:12 PM
For a 1992!? Just go buy a salvage door from a scrapyard. It would probably be cheaper than buying a new regulator assembly.