Hallooo GAers! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hallooo GAers!

kylearch
05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I was looking around for information about GAs because I have a GASE and was hoping to spruce it up, love the site, alot of amazing information on here.

Car:
Silver '02 GA Se 2.2 Ecotec
4 Door
Auto tranny
Everything stock.

Ugly dent on the front left panel. Cracked paint on the bumper cover (thankfully they missed my headlights)

I am thinking it should be fairly doable to pop the dent out of the panel but the paint on the bumper is not so easily fixed. (Ill get pictures of this later and hopefully I can get an opinion or 5)

While looking at all the modifications and such in this forum I realized that maybe putting alot of money into a 4 cyl might not make sense? I checked some local websites, theres newer 6 cyl GAs around my area in quite abundance. Maybe it would make more sense for the long run to get a nice 05 6 cyl and play with it instead? Maybe go GT? Has to be 4 door :heh: (I guess GTs only had 4 doors up to '04)
How do you guys/gals feel about the ecotechs?

Also what is a 3400 and a 3600? (Sorry but Im a real noob when it comes to car terms) Im guessing this is the displacement?

I guess short summary: Is this car worth playing with (since I already have it) or should I look into a diff GA? Love GAs. (if I could get a stick GA id be in heaven but those are so rare)

Thanks all! Look forward to reading more.

paintsniper89
05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
welcome to the boards. I own an 04 gt and its an awesome car, if i was in your position i would get one with a 3.4L (which yes btw is where 3400 comes from) cause like u said in the long haul ull get so much more out of a moded 3.4 then a moded ecotec (plus paint aint cheap so just get a new one)

timka86
05-29-2008, 01:57 PM
welcome, well our fastest GA is an ecotec 4 banger. so they're not bad. 3400 is the 3.4 v6 engine, they have 3400 stamped on the intake manifold. and there's 3100 (3.1 L V6) in older GA's and the malibu's. and the 3900 is in the G6's.

all GT's come with a 3400. and 2-doorGT's look better:)

Bryan
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Weelcome

gtdreams
05-29-2008, 02:33 PM
*welcome*

Nick-G
05-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah dont worry about the engine the fastest car on this forum is an ecotec.

kylearch
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi tim! I just got done reading your 6spd mod, very nice :applause: I want it!
(I may see if I can get something like that done sometime in the far far future, maybe on my hypothetical GT, I luvs me some shifting ;)
As for 2d, I hafta be able to haul people around and 2d is not so nice for that :)

I'm not neccesarily concerned with "fastest" but I do like the idea of a 6 with more low end torque and takeoff. Also the gas mileage seems like I could get pretty similar (my SE gets 19/24 city/hwy is this normal? My dad has an '07 Grand Prix that he can get 26+ out of with a 6.)

Another point is my little sis will be getting her licence soon so I may hand my SE to her and get an 04 at that point :)

Is there a link to that ecotech? Im curious what was done to it!