LEd tails or HIDs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LEd tails or HIDs

saintg
06-01-2008, 08:48 PM
i was thinking of getting the red LED tails but then i came across some HIDs locally for sale so i kinda dont know which one of them to get. i really dont know too much about HIDs the only thing i know is that they look really nice. are they hard to install or anything?? heres the link of the HIDs i dont know if there that good or not or if its a good price http://www.usedregina.com/classified-ad/5063652 some suggestions would be appreciated.

Bryan
06-01-2008, 09:38 PM
You'll find better prices on eBay for the HIDs, which many have had good luck with. I'm not too sure about the tails though. I think stockers look better than the LEDs unless of course the LEDs are tinted.

ramair4thesoul
06-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I have the red LED lights on my red GA and love them. If you search I believe there are oictures of it on here with the LED tails. I personally like them better than the tinted tails I did have. atleast you can get an idea of how they look in a red car.

jscarano13
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
get the hids, you will actually benefit from those instead of taillights.

tenspeed
06-02-2008, 07:56 AM
You'll find better prices on eBay for the HIDs,

I just bought a set of HID's from ebay in the same packaging for $60. I don't know if they work, etc, I haven't installed them yet.

MarineCoprsGASE
06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
if it was my choice i would pick the HID theyre so much more worth it. they look better and the light the road up so much more, the tails are goin ta do the same no matter what they are, LED or not, they still light up when you turn the lights on and they still light up brighter when you hit the brake, not difference besides looks, so i would go with the HIDs myself.

gtdreams
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
*iagree* After that the red led tails would look real good on your red GA....ramair4thesoul has them on her car,looks awesome.

saintg
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
so HIDs would be better is what i gather from u guys but are they easy to install?? i want the high/low ones. and whats up with this DRL?? autolamp and drl harness would that be so i wouldnt have to go under my dash and piss around with wires??

MarineCoprsGASE
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
just leave the runnin lamps on them, htey fine. the HIDs arent to hard to install its just finding a place for the box that takes time. when i get mine im just goin to custom make a spot for them but youll find a place, trucst me HIDs are the better thing.

saintg
06-02-2008, 08:03 PM
k well this is the one that i was lookin at http://cgi.ebay.ca/HID-CONVERSION-KIT-Bi-XENON-H4-9007-9004-Dual-Hi-Lo_W0QQitemZ110256607476QQihZ001QQcategoryZ36476QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem im still kind of curious about the drl harness what exactly does it do??

MarineCoprsGASE
06-02-2008, 10:34 PM
ill tell you this,99.99 is way to much for shippin. there not worth that much if you goin that high priced then go for a better brand.look for some one in the us no where else. and dont go to much higher in temp then 8000K i want 6000K low and 8000K high. but mines goin ta have the projector conversion done to it.but ya look at the add close mast adds with that kinda shippin says no shippin refunds, because thats where they make their money. just for fair waring. but the HIDs are well worh the money

saintg
06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
so ive been doing some reading up on hids around the site. someone said that if you dont disable your drls youll run into problems down the road. i only seen one person say this so beats the heck outta me. ive been lookin at some other sellers hids on ebay and well most of them have expensive shipping and if the shipping is cheap the kits costs more and it would be the same kit as i would have looked at before. im kind of getting discouraged about getting them/just saying ooh well ill just get any one it dont matter.

jscarano13
06-03-2008, 07:05 PM
ok hids are not powered on during the day. so you will get a service vehicle soon error. if you tell the mechanic to keep the lights on it will not throw any codes. if you want to see at night get hids trust me you will never go back to normal lights again. if you want a good deal on hids pm me and ill direct you where to buy them.

MarineCoprsGASE
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
i luv the lblue eurodesign bulbs i got. they are really nice but HIDs are what i am goin for. the shippin is low and the price is high thats fine but when you get the refund youll be happier when you get alot more money back, instead of about 10.00 and the shippin wasnt refunded and shippin was like 100.00 yull be happier. just klik the but up at the top of ebay and change itso lowest price first. trust me yull be happier with HIDs then with tails.
and ive never heard that about the HIDs and the runnin lights,

jscarano13
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
hids last about 3 yrs. never have to worry about replacin bulbs either.

saintg
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
k so ill have to go to a mechanic so i dont get a service vechicle light??

jscarano13
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM
no when you go for your inspeciton, if you want to pass. u need to tell teh mechanic that you have to keep your lights on so it doesnt throw any codes. or take them out and put your halogens back in when you take it to get inspected.

saintg
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
i have never taken my car in for an inspection before i dont know if thats just a thing in the states or what really

MarineCoprsGASE
06-03-2008, 08:36 PM
lol my mechanic is amazing alowing me to get by with alot of ****. i always have a check engine light on, i can never get it to go away. that and my airbag light is on now to cuz i removed them all. lol. i hate them damn things. and the tach i installed is not where it will pass inspection, but my car is so riged that its not funny. lol. check it out
www.cardomain.com/ride/2928795

its a 5 Speed GA SE 1996

Ajaxus
06-04-2008, 10:12 AM
dude, have an admin fix the screen name the whole Coprs thing is killin me.. ;crap

MarineCoprsGASE
06-04-2008, 10:24 AM
i know it took me for ever to log in the first time cuz i hit the "p" before i hit the "r" it pisses me off, can i actuall get that fixed,

Ajaxus
06-05-2008, 12:42 AM
yes, pm an administrator