Installing new headlights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Installing new headlights

maggsmvp04
06-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Whats up guys. I recently purchased these new chrome headlights off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220238592048&rd=1

I assumed it would be a rather easy install and a direct replacement. Seems like I was wrong. I checked out the how to halo install thread but got a little confused. I know the lights I bought are slightly different but will the installation be similar to the halo installation? And I have a 04 Grand Am. Thanks a bunch guys.

TmaXx
06-02-2008, 07:27 PM
It's actually real easy. There are 2 clips under the plastic cover that you pull up and it releases the lens.

http://www.semick.com/pics/Lense.gif

maggsmvp04
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
It's actually real easy. There are 2 clips under the plastic cover that you pull up and it releases the lens.

http://www.semick.com/pics/Lense.gif

That part I was able to do. I have the old lights taken out and the new lights resting in place but not connected. It's the wiring and connecting issues that confuses me.

RedSE2NV
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah, easy as hell to get out but a pain in the ass to line back up.

TmaXx
06-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Look at the alignment rods on the new lens and make sure they are adjusted relatively close to the old lens. The wiring was identical on my after-market lenses as the factory lenses.

TmaXx
06-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Look at the alignment rods on the new lens and make sure they are adjusted relatively close to the old lens. The wiring was identical on my after-market lenses as the factory lenses.

***OOPPS...double posted....

maggsmvp04
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM

I'll check that out. Also looks like I will need to cut out a piece of plastic to get these to fit in. So far I got the main lights and turning signal lights to work properly but now I need to get the projectors connected. This part still confuses me. Seems like your setup was a straight replacement but since I got projectors it seems a bit more difficult. I'll keep working on these today and update what I've done. Thanks for the help and any other tips is appreciated.

TmaXx
06-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I would carefully compare the new lenses to the old ones. The website says no modifications needed. I'd hate to see you start hacking away at things when you don't need to.

maggsmvp04
06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
I would carefully compare the new lenses to the old ones. The website says no modifications needed. I'd hate to see you start hacking away at things when you don't need to.

Yeah, I definitely checked everything carefully after you mentioned it. Everything seemed correct and the right lenses were sent. After about an hour, I was able to fit them correctly. I had to cut out a small piece of plastic. Couldn't get around it. They work now and look great. Thanks for all the help.