A/C Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/C Problems

sqdman12
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Well, Summer is here and no A/C..... I noticed that the A/C clutch was not engaging when the a/c was turned on. I came to the conclusion that the clutch was bad. when I was working for the clutch I broke the plug on the that goes into the compressor. I had to end up replacing the entire compressor. i also changed the orifice tube thingy. I recharged the system and checked things out. Now I can get the clutch to engage and the pressure in the system is correct, but I still nave no cold air. I have tried everything that i can think of.....Any one have any ideas? Also, don't know if this is related... i got a ses code saying secondary air injection was not working... i have cleared the code and have not seen it come back yet..... Any help would be great.

redbeast98
06-11-2008, 11:25 PM
this really isnt helping you but was it difficult to get at/replace your compressor???

timka86
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
There's a fuse and a relay under the hood you may start there. also check that you're getting 12volts at the plug that connects into the compressor.

timberwoof
06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
There's a fuse and a relay under the hood you may start there. also check that you're getting 12volts at the plug that connects into the compressor.

x2