Just No Reverse Lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just No Reverse Lights

4banger4ever
06-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I have a 2005 GA 2.2 Manual, Silver. My problem is that one day my reverse lights went out. Both; reverse fog lights and the white lights in the brake light housing are out. I checked/replaced all apparent related fuses and bulbs but they still won't work.
Could it be a relay, or perhaps something to do with a blown sensor when I shift into reverse? Or maybe I just overlooked a fuse or something. Any help is appreciated

Lab Rat
06-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Check the back up light switch and connections. It is located on the tranny, mine is on the drivers side of the case. I think the eco tranny is the same. Maybe a corroded connecter or a broken wire. When you are in there check the switch if nothing else fixes it.

4banger4ever
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
So I jacked my 2.2 up last night, right inside the driver side wheel hub was the reverse light connector, a 2 wire hook up. I checked to see if it was the sensor by jumping the connection and sure enough the reverse lights popped on. There was a full sized clip located on the inside of the connection, once removed with a small screw driver it popped off. Im going to get a reverse ligth sensor today. Thanks Lab Rat