HID kit problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HID kit problem

Jetski29
06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Hey everyone, I got my hid kit a couple days ago, its a high/low conversion kit. I installed it tonight, followed all the directions but now have a problem. I have my DRL and auto lights disabled, and have worked fine with no problems. After installing the kit, when I start my car and turn on my headlights, the kit trips my high beams on and thats where it stays. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong or whats causing this? Thanks for the help in advance.

Jason

Graxall
06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey everyone, I got my hid kit a couple days ago, its a high/low conversion kit. I installed it tonight, followed all the directions but now have a problem. I have my DRL and auto lights disabled, and have worked fine with no problems. After installing the kit, when I start my car and turn on my headlights, the kit trips my high beams on and thats where it stays. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong or whats causing this? Thanks for the help in advance.

Jason

Do your high beams actually come on, or does it just say they are on with the dash light?

Jetski29
06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
well its just says that they are on with the dash light, but the spread of the HIDs are like the high beams are on also, like they have the really wide spread pattern right now

Graxall
06-05-2008, 11:59 PM
well its just says that they are on with the dash light, but the spread of the HIDs are like the high beams are on also, like they have the really wide spread pattern right now

Thats basically how the HID's are gonna look in stock housings...There is a decent amount of glare..Plus you might niot have them aimed right...or installed right...When i put my projector headlights in, my High beam light came on as well and i dont know why.

Jetski29
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
alrighty, well i kinda thought thats how the hids were gonna be which isnt a big deal as long as its not upward glare, but the high beam light is just annoying.

Graxall
06-06-2008, 12:13 AM
alrighty, well i kinda thought thats how the hids were gonna be which isnt a big deal as long as its not upward glare, but the high beam light is just annoying.

Yea..where did you get the kit? Link? How much? The light is on because you proly installed them a little wrong...

Jetski29
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I got the kit from carkings, llc. I order my old kit from them that I had on my Dakota and they worked no problem. Heres the link:

http://www.carkingsllc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11

I bought the high/low kit, I thought it was gonna be different from just the low kit. I paid $180 for the kit and its good quality compared to others I've seen.

I did finally find a troubleshooting page for hid kits that said if it says your high beams are on, one of the 3 prong connectors is usually one backwards. A problem with polarity that causes a conflict with your dash but still allows the kit to work. I drove around a little and other than a being a little off with the aim, the kit works perfect, no flickering or anything, just that wide angle beam. I can deal with everything, just wish this stupid high beam indicator would go out haha. I'm gonna take my housings back out and check all my connections because it pretty much lets you put it either way and I finished putting the kit in when it was practically pitch dark out.

Graxall
06-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I got the kit from carkings, llc. I order my old kit from them that I had on my Dakota and they worked no problem. Heres the link:

http://www.carkingsllc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11

I bought the high/low kit, I thought it was gonna be different from just the low kit. I paid $180 for the kit and its good quality compared to others I've seen.

I did finally find a troubleshooting page for hid kits that said if it says your high beams are on, one of the 3 prong connectors is usually one backwards. A problem with polarity that causes a conflict with your dash but still allows the kit to work. I drove around a little and other than a being a little off with the aim, the kit works perfect, no flickering or anything, just that wide angle beam. I can deal with everything, just wish this stupid high beam indicator would go out haha. I'm gonna take my housings back out and check all my connections because it pretty much lets you put it either way and I finished putting the kit in when it was practically pitch dark out.
Thats what i meant by installed the wrong way.

lone_wolf025
06-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Thats what i meant by installed the wrong way.

I remember I had the same issue with my kit from Oz. Took me forever to figure out how to remove the wires from the plug ^^;

Sean
07-07-2008, 03:53 PM

Aren't they different???... I think i might buy mine from these guys

thormxkid
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
so you just have switch around a high low or ground?

AaronGTR
03-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, there are three prongs in the stock headlight connector. One is ground, one is low beams, one is high beams. Probably just have the high and low beam ones switched in the kit or something.

thormxkid
03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
ok thats what i thought im prolly going to volt meter it tommorow then