wet floor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wet floor

shootnmiss09
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey-

It rained alot here recently and my car was outside. And when i went in it today, i noticed the passenger front passenger floor was wet. I believe I have read about this in the past but don't remeber. How do i fix it?

the car is a 2000 GAGT

Thanks

jurgs2007
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
check your seal along the front of the door, or check to see if there is moisture coming through the firewall or around the windshield? those would be my first places to look if your car was just sitting in the rain and not driven.

Nick-G
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69650

Check that out.

shootnmiss09
06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
i just ordered that foam deflector, But i read something about blowing out the drain hose with air also. Where is the drain hose, and how do i access it?

blazingerbs
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
for me, it was my passenger side floor getting wet. There are 2 drain tubes for your sunroof that run down the a-pillars and piss out a little hole near where the doors hinge. just find the tube and see if water flows through and out like it should. my passenger side was completely plugged off. blow out with compressed air.
the drain ports are at the front of the sunroof, in both corners.

shootnmiss09
06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
how do you access these tubes?

blazingerbs
06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
you can see them if you have the sun roof open, in each corner at the front. there is a plastic 'tray' that will direct any water that leaks to the front and down a little spout. to get a better look at them, have your door open and stand on the side and look over, can't miss em'. they go into the roof and down the a-pillar...
you can get to the tubes under the roof as well, they are attached to the hose barbs at the sun roof tray.
to see if the tube is blocked, locate both holes and pour water into them. in my case, one flowed freely and the passenger side had no flow at all. completely blocked. water would over-flow the tray and leak in over the roof panel, down the pillar and drip right by the fuse box near the door seal, the roof will be completely dry and it will appear like the water is coming in through the door seal.
this may not be your problem however to easily rule it out, just pour some water down the drain tubes and see if they flow. the water gets terminated where the door hinges to the car, you can see the port with the door open

shootnmiss09
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
is this one of the hoses on the sunroof?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/vollmer09/13.jpg

i just got the foam deflector from the dealer today, and will probably install it this wknd. But I got one question, If the water was leaking from under the windshield wipers (which strip prevents) wouldn't the floor be wet way up in front? My floor was wet directly infront of passenger seat