noisy pump = bad? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : noisy pump = bad?

99gav6
06-07-2008, 09:10 AM
As long as i had my car (a little over a year) the fuel pump has hummed loud. I just changed my original fuel filter and now you can only hear the pump while you are crouched down by the back of the car. So my question is if a little noise is normal or should i look into replacing the pump also? Another thing is that the rough srltarts have gone away and i dont have to prime the system for it to crank normally. Thanks guys!

AaronGTR
06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Sounds like the old fuel filter might have been kinda clogged up. You should probably change it more often. It's normal to hear a little bit of a hum when you first turn the key on, but it should go away after a few seconds, and after you start the engine you shouldn't hear anything.

99gav6
06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I was gonna get the pump replaced after the tax rebate comes in, which should be any day now. I also changed my air filter (mpracing s&b), it had mud on it and i tried cleaning it with no success, so i just got a replacement. The hum is still noticeable from the pump though and hopefully i shouldnt have any other maintenance worries for a little bit.