okay to swap headlight 3157n/a to 3157clear both double filiment bulbs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : okay to swap headlight 3157n/a to 3157clear both double filiment bulbs

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM
search 23 pages not quite my answer... for my 2000 gagt , can you change out that 3157N/A double filiment yellow bulb to a clear 3157 double filiment , legally in canada and or usa .

and would it look better when on in my new TYC headlights the ones that are clear with blk inside housing with clear corner reflector with blk in behind it also .

we already have a yellow turn signal in the yellow corner reflector or in my case i will no longer have the yellow reflector but still have the yellow 168 bulb . is that enough.

Bryan
06-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Don't know if its legal, but I doubt you'd get caught because they light up rather yellow.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
06-07-2008, 01:21 PM
ya i noticed when i swapped out a few years ago in the factory headlights that tiny 194 yellow bulb to a clear one . the light that came from it was yellowish aspecially compared to the whiter light coming from my silver star headlight bulbs.....

here is one for you guys. i have been on silverstars website to try and find out the difference between my already SILVERSTAR headlight bulbs 9007 put in a few years ago , versus these newer ULTRA silver star 9007SU. what is the difference is it more or better light or longer life versus there other silver star bulbs

stillriza
06-07-2008, 01:34 PM
ya i noticed when i swapped out a few years ago in the factory headlights that tiny 194 yellow bulb to a clear one . the light that came from it was yellowish aspecially compared to the whiter light coming from my silver star headlight bulbs.....

here is one for you guys. i have been on silverstars website to try and find out the difference between my already SILVERSTAR headlight bulbs 9007 put in a few years ago , versus these newer ULTRA silver star 9007SU. what is the difference is it more or better light or longer life versus there other silver star bulbs

From the sylvania website... The Ultra's provide up to 25% increased sideroad viewing and up to 20% brighter, whiter light than the regular Silverstars. They also claim longer life than the regular Silverstars as well.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
06-07-2008, 02:07 PM
cool thanks . i had not been on there website for a few years last time was when they first advertised the ultra's. and don't remember being able to understand it the way you put it. thanks . i am a little slow in understand .

stillriza
06-07-2008, 06:09 PM
I have the ultras and to be honest.. i don't notice a diff b/w them and the regular silver stars.