breaks..plz help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : breaks..plz help

herf
06-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I just changed my front pads.Took it for a little spin,well its like there
stuck shut.. pulled back in the driveway and smoke started just rolling out the front
its like the calipers are stuck shut... is there a reset button you have to push after you change your break pads like you do for your oil?

XtremeGaGt00
06-14-2008, 01:25 PM
could be a couple things...theres slides that the caliper slides on...supposta clean and grease them,, could be holding the caliper...also theres clips that clip to the caliper mounting bracket that the pads "slide" in...either install the new ones that came with the brake pads or if you didnt get any clean the old ones with a wire brush being careful you dont bend them too much...make sure theyre installed correct too

awfulwaffle
06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
i'm betting it's the slide pins. pull em out, clean em and grease em.

tenspeed
06-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Are both wheels smoking? Sometimes the rubber brake hose collapses inside and doesn't let the caliper release the puck.

Make sure you have the pads on the correct sides. There's two outside pads and two inside pads.

gaowners32
06-14-2008, 10:26 PM
you put the pads on backwards!:applause: The clips face you.they look like little penis's.

herf
06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
went to bought new rotors and calipers .installed them just as they came...

now im getting a spongy break peddle,,,, bleed the breaks, all 4. Went through a bottle of fluid and still the same spongy peddle wtf am i doing wrong and no the pads were not backwards.:applause: .

any ideas

Molson
06-17-2008, 12:12 PM
sounds like the washer on the banjo bolt is leaking, reseat the banjo bolts. Make sure the surfaces are clean.

Then push the Easy button.

Tonyyank
06-17-2008, 02:15 PM
What the is brakes with the caliper are the first wrong time. Then start tires with rotors and the on the pads.

gaowners32
06-17-2008, 02:35 PM
What the is brakes with the caliper are the first wrong time. Then start tires with rotors and the on the pads.

Tony that wasn't even forken english!

Tonyyank
06-17-2008, 02:46 PM
lol

either is any of his posts lol

gaowners32
06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
you put the pads on backwards!:applause: The clips face you.they look like little penis's.

Put my foot in my mouth did my brakes yesterday and its happening to my left front side.;crap No time tomorrow to do my brakes because of hot import nights, but thank god for discounts at midas.