Creaking Calipers- Ordered KluberLube- Replace Calipers too? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Creaking Calipers- Ordered KluberLube- Replace Calipers too?

FastlaneV6GT
06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Alright, so I am sick of greasing these calipers. I have probably done this over 6 times, and the creaking comes back after a while. I just ordered some KluberLube online (the GM-recommended one), and i'm wondering if I should replace the calipers as well.

I replaced them a couple years ago and they have a limited lifetime warranty, covering defects in workmanship. Do you guys think that exchanging these calipers for newer "rebuilt" ones and using the kluberlube is a good idea, or should I just stick with the kluberlube and see what happens? Would you say the problem lies with these "defective calipers"?? Would I be justified in returning them? They aren't that old.

Also, would my brake pads have anything to do with this? I have Duralast Gold pads from Autozone (ceramic).

Pauljp
06-16-2008, 05:48 PM
This is exactly the problem that I've been having with my front drivers side since I bought the car used 2 years ago.
This creaking from the one wheel.
I've changed the rotor, installed ceramic pads and made everything shiny and new and it still did it.
Finally, this past week, I once again took it all apart. This time I lifted up the rubber boot and sprayed lubricant into it and it finally went away. It is almost a joy to be able to apply the brakes without everyone looking at you.
Are you saying that it will eventually come back?
Why just this one wheel?
It's getting so I can do this with my eyes closed.

TFA
06-16-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah it will come back eventually. It is a recurring problem with some calipers, the boot just dries out. You can replace the calipers if you want, it might permanently fix the problem. Im replacing mine with camaro calipers. The kluber fluid lasted a while but eventually it came back

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
06-18-2008, 10:39 PM
if these camaro calipers are a EASY /DIRECT replacement . more info please including part numbers etc of what ever is needed. thanks