Need to refill A/C [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need to refill A/C

spum
06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
I need to refill my A/C in my 2000 GAGT. Everything seems to be working fine, but it's not blowing any cold air. I went to pick up a canister of the 134a freon to refill the A/C, but I have no idea where the A/C is located in the engine bay. Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of the engine bay and circle the A/C in the picture? Or use an existing picture to point out the A/C? Any help (including tips on refilling) would be appreciated.

rustyballs_69
06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
The low side port is below the alternator down by the firewall.

AaronGTR
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
fyi, if it's not blowing cold air, everything isn't working fine. It doesn't just use up or lose refrigerant over time. If your system is out of it, that means there's a leak somewhere that needs to be fixed. Check and see if there is any green die on the A/C parts (a sign it has been leaking). You can find all the lines and connections if you follow them from the compressor and the condenser (in front of the radiator). You'll need to jack the car up and get under it.

spum
06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I didn't see a place to plug the refill kit in behind the alternator. I'll try to follow the connections from the radiator.

I'm just looking for a temporary fix at the moment. I just paid for summer classes, and I'm beyond broke right now. I just need something so that I can get to work without arriving in a puddle of sweat. I need to take my car in anyway, but it's just not an option financially at this point.

rustyballs_69
06-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Thats the low side port, blue dust cap on it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/rustyballs_69/new1.jpg