paint body work section? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : paint body work section?

ganut
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
just noticed theres no section for paint and bodywork. I'm starting some of my own, and went to look for others posts, and found very few. There's the detailing section, but that's more or less after paint and body work has been done.

thought i'd throw that out there.

if this section does exist and I just didn't see it, then hang me by my toenails and use me as a pinata. lol

Bryan
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
There's a minimal number of guys here that specialize in body work/painting so a section like that wouldn't be worth it. I think the All Shine section is broad enough to cover it all.

himfanzach
06-21-2008, 03:48 PM
theres a section for all show modificatons itd fit there.
what all u going to do and what kit do u have

ganut
06-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I just thought a devoted section to paint/podywork may bring some painters out of the woodwork. I used to do mobile paint and body for a company down here, but the money sucked and it's too damn hot to do during the summer here.

I'm just painting some gauge podz and doing some slight cosmetic repairs to the front fascia of my unmentionable body kit lol. I had a bit of battery acid drip onto it right in front of the headlight, and there's a few nicks and scrapes that have been pissing me off.

Spent a few hundred bucks at the paint store getting everything I needed. I haven't painted for like 3 years so I didn't have hardly any supplies.

Ajaxus
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
There's a minimal number of guys here that specialize in body work/painting so a section like that wouldn't be worth it. I think the All Shine section is broad enough to cover it all.

all shine is for detailing, all show is for body and appearance mods..so if they do decide to make a sub section (i can see it either way) it would be in all show. :)

himfanzach
06-24-2008, 12:10 AM
damn those kits haha thats what i got all molded..
thinking of a wing im not 100 percent sold but i can get that great compays low wing for really really cheap.
and im thinking now of painting orential blue

CantBeatIt96
06-24-2008, 08:20 AM
id say the all show part. i do that kinda stuff for my friends cars alot. body work fiberglassing, box building, interior modifications, gauge pods, mounting in screens and shet, body kits, repaining dents, scratches, knicks, dings, lol. alot of ****. my friends say im perty good, i even built my own strut bar and its qualifies as a real strut bar, it tightens down, pullin your struts inwards actually makes a real difference in the turnin abilaty. i can build more to. let me know if you want one, if you want to see it go to www.cardomain.com/ride/2928795/4