this brake idea any better [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : this brake idea any better

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
06-22-2008, 09:43 PM
seeing that 2004 to 2008 base grand prix bolt patterns are the same. would gp rotors or calipers etc for front and or back be any better. i am a member of 4 or 5 gp sites. am i am not finding many bad stories about there brakes ??????

TFA
06-23-2008, 05:40 AM
one way to find out :) . Im personally going with the camaro caliper route.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
06-23-2008, 09:27 AM
ya let me know how easy or hard that camaro change goes in detail.

AaronGTR
06-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Just 'cause the rotors use the same bolt pattern doesn't mean they will work. The caliper bracket still has to bolt to the upright, and the caliper still has to line up with the disc. IE because of differences between the GA and GP hub and upright, the distance between the caliper bracket mounting surface and the hub might be different, therefore the caliper and disc wouldn't properly line up. Only way to tell if they'll fit (or if they'll even be larger or better) is to get a set or find someone with a GP willing to let you take some measurements.

lone_wolf025
06-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Just 'cause the rotors use the same bolt pattern doesn't mean they will work. The caliper bracket still has to bolt to the upright, and the caliper still has to line up with the disc. IE because of differences between the GA and GP hub and upright, the distance between the caliper bracket mounting surface and the hub might be different, therefore the caliper and disc wouldn't properly line up. Only way to tell if they'll fit (or if they'll even be larger or better) is to get a set or find someone with a GP willing to let you take some measurements.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the brakes on the Impala and GP the same? We know Impala rotors fit so GP ones probably would too. Dunno about GP calipers and brackets...I might try this soon with impala parts. I'll keep ya posted.