SES light and surging idle [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SES light and surging idle

lone_wolf025
06-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Like the title says. Idle began surging the other night when I got home. Its as if there is an unexpected load at idle and thr R's drop bekow 500 then surge up just past 1000 to keep the engine going. Car drives fine. I'm at work so I'll swing by an autozone on my way home to get the code. Until then, any ideas? Maybe the IAC has gone bad?

lvemy3100
06-23-2008, 10:24 AM
maybe you need to get that LIM done ;)

call me later

lone_wolf025
06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
maybe you need to get that LIM done ;)

call me later

Very possibly. I'll drop ya a line during my lunch break in a few hours.

timberwoof
06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
hmm, that's interesting. let me know what it says.

XtremeGaGt00
06-23-2008, 05:15 PM
check out what the s.e.s light says..ive had a maf go on me and it did that kinda idle

lone_wolf025
06-23-2008, 08:01 PM
P0132

O2 sensor bank 1 (sensor on the headers) reading high voltage meaning I'm running pig rich. Might be due to the bad LIM fouling up the sensor or just a bad sensor in general. Wires are all good so I'm just gonna replace the sensor.

Any benefit to replacing it with a wideband o2?

silvergtjrad
06-23-2008, 08:26 PM
P0132

O2 sensor bank 1 (sensor on the headers) reading high voltage meaning I'm running pig rich. Might be due to the bad LIM fouling up the sensor or just a bad sensor in general. Wires are all good so I'm just gonna replace the sensor.

Any benefit to replacing it with a wideband o2?

No benifit. Especially with the headers and the fact that it only reads one bank of cylinders. If anything remove the rear O2, disable the codes, and throw a wideband in there.

lone_wolf025
06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
No benifit. Especially with the headers and the fact that it only reads one bank of cylinders. If anything remove the rear O2, disable the codes, and throw a wideband in there.

Too late. Already have a replacement one sitting there as I had to put something in to plug the hole in the hi-flo. Codes are already disabled, but I may hook up the sensor one of these days

AaronGTR
06-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Mine has done that at idle when the O2 sensor was bad. Usually during a cold start before the O2 was warmed up, but also after warm up when the sensor started getting worse. I'd try replacing it. Of course, if it fouls up again then there is something causing that. ;)

lone_wolf025
06-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Mine has done that at idle when the O2 sensor was bad. Usually during a cold start before the O2 was warmed up, but also after warm up when the sensor started getting worse. I'd try replacing it. Of course, if it fouls up again then there is something causing that. ;)

Well the LIM is leaking. That much is already established. I'm gonna have it taken care of soon enough.

lone_wolf025
07-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok, so the LIM has been fixed, and until now the code has remained off since it last turned itself off. Now, its once again reading a rich mixture. I'd like to check the voltage specs before I go running to replace it though. Anyone know if autozone rents a scope by chance or some other tool to check it?