Transmission Issues [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Issues

cycanada
06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
So I just bought my car a few weeks ago, It's a 00 GAGT, the first night I had it the transmission had hardly any power in first gear, all other gears worked but still did not put out power as one would expect from a 3.4 Grand Am. Took it to the dealer and they recognized problem and installed a used transmission. NOW... when I'm driving the car sometimes it will shift gears and while shifting have a two or three second delay before kicking into the next gear, this happens more frequently the faster I drive. Driving at around 80km n hour (approx 50 miles hr) they RPM will read about 16-1700 and suddenly drop to 1000 and jump up and down from 1000-1500, while its doing this I don't loose my speed but i do notice that to gain more speed I have to push down hard on the gas. Sorry to leave such a long post, thank you to anyone who can help.

Ivawoody
06-23-2008, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=cycanada;1007179]the first night I had it the transmission had hardly any power in first gear, all other gears worked but still did not put out power as one would expect from a 3.4 Grand Am. QUOTE]

Didnt you test drive it before you bought it? :iconfused I would think you would notice this problem on an initial test drive...

cycanada
06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I did test drive it and it didn't do act up at all,