on our heads lights please explain how to remove the headlight aiming hardware/screws [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : on our heads lights please explain how to remove the headlight aiming hardware/screws

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
i have all the info on how to remove the bulbs and headlight from our ga's but not exactly and in detail how to remove the 2 aiming screws / hardware and that one that is similiar to the aimers.

i heard that when replace with tyc new blacked out headlights it was best to swap not only the rubber molding around the tyc headlights with the factory one.

but heard we should or best to swap out the aiming screws. now i can see how they turn one way or the other like any bulb to get them over those for humped molds around the opening , but they look very very tight.

i will post photo's i what i need help with . do i stick a flat head screw driver in the slot seen in the plastic attachment piece and pry up a bit whilw turn the aimer to take out .

or does it work to loosen up the the back of aming screw. i don 't want to break the back of any housings or any aiming hardware.