wet trunk? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wet trunk?

mydmband
07-03-2008, 06:24 PM
After any rain my trunk is soaked, and it's starting to make the carpet funky. I can't find where the water is coming in to save my life!! Any ideas? Maybe around the spoiler? Looks like everything is sealed up good though, weatherstripping around trunk looks good too.... ;crap

And speaking of weatherstripping, any idea where to get the new hard strip that goes across the bottom of the windshield? Mine is curling up on me!

ryanbgb22
07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I literally just got done pulling my trunk and back seat completely apart for like the 3rd time in 2 years. Its probably coming in from the vent on the passanger side of the car in the trunk. It may also be coming in from the rails outside the weatherstripping abouve the taillights. There is a seam that appears to be solid, but if theres even a slight crack, that will let water in like you wouldnt belive. Take your spare tire cover off, I'd bed you have a 3-4 inch deep pond in there.

mydmband
07-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I did, and I did. Shop Vac'd it out! Between window clips breaking, the damn "SECURITY" problem, power lock switch not working, water leaking.... I don't have enough hair to pull out! I'm doing the passlock bypass I read about in the how to section this weekend! What do I have to lose? ;crap

iceman
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I had a leak around where the tail light harness comes through the body as well.. made a nice little puddle