what brands of super white light bulbs replace [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : what brands of super white light bulbs replace

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-06-2008, 01:57 AM
what brands of super white light bulbs are out there ...... I first replaced my yellow factory bulbs. with GE LONG LIFE 194 clear and 3157 clear signal

and i even replaced those again, with what was told would be whiter light NIGHT HAWK 194 clear and 3157 clear they still had a light yellowish tint to them compared to my ultra silverstar bulbs..

hardcore
07-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I always use streetglow or check on ebay!

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-06-2008, 06:26 PM
street glow are they a whiter light ? and just a regular type bulb not led. right ?

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
if i buy say the street glow LED version of the 194 and 3157 signal bulbs, for my headlights the 2 bulbs closest to the the center of the car / narrowest part of the headlights.

will there be any electrical problems. i already change the high/low beam bulbs to ultra silverstar and the reflector bulb to sleath bulb 194.....

and if i do say use the street glow LED 3157 signal. when blinking or just on do you see from the front of the car all those separate little bulbs that make up the LED 3157... or do you just see large showing of a single white light. do not know much about LED's.......

just that i find even on factory available cars with all these single multi light bulbs in say a tailight look too futuristic or too digital.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-07-2008, 07:32 AM
okay i guess there is no way of getting the 194 and the 3157 in a NON-LED type bulb and something that lights up with a whiter light.

regular / long life / nighthawk all light up with yellow look , and and euro bulbs look that stupid blue when not on and i hear you still see a bit of blue when they light up.

sounds like the bulb makers are missing the boat , to make these smaller very very common bulb sizes in a clear glass when off but light up white when on. like for example they can do with silver star main headlight bulbs.

cardude007617
07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
what do you have against led style bulbs?

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-08-2008, 09:26 AM
well i believe i heard you can not use them in ever application like headlights or it not recommended. you sometimes need to do what special wiring or resistor blaslist . something like that.

and i have seen some aftermarket and factory dealer taillights with all those multi little light bubls inside them. and i think it looks a little tacky or too futuristic . sorrry .

maybe if i could just pop in the brighter and less electricially draw LEDS without all the other problems i would. i will do it in certian applications.

like i just bought that led 3rd brake light. and i hope when i wirer it i do not have that interuption of the cruise control functions . like i heard from otherr buyers of these lights from Zomkspeed or x3racing.

cardude007617
07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
i dont think you should have any problems buying just the replacemtn type LED bulbs you can buy online

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
weel the 2 sizes i need > 194 and 3157 . in LED version they say not to use them in headlights, as they will have a very very short life. so trying to find these same bulbs but in a type that shows a whiter light not have that yellowish hew you get from regular or long life or night hawk 194 and 3157 bulbs