Tech said SES is not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tech said SES is not working

john1962
07-07-2008, 11:36 AM
What would cause a SES light not to work? The pontiac garage said that my ses light is not working, they were trying to program a key fob for me with their scan tool and were not able to , they said it could be because the ses light isnt working.

AaronGAGT
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
a burnt out light bulb? i dont see how an SES light would cause that problem, maybe a SVS would make more sense to me, but I dont know much. How come the "pontiac garage" couldn't fix that problem or tell you why?

Malaclypse
07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Take your car elsewhere.... Like... now.

gectek
07-07-2008, 10:53 PM
well here is the thing, sometimes the ses light is attached to a fuse that also powers the data link connector(OBD II port) and when that blows they cannot program a key fob, but programming a key is not a problem at all(as long as the key doesnt have that stupid resistor chip in it). just turn the key to the on position, leave there for 30 mins, then turn completely off, then leave off for 2-3 mins, then back on for 30 mins...then the car should start, if not, then do the same procedure, but repeat the leaving the key on for 30 mins 3 times instead of 2. done.