Car won't stay on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car won't stay on

cmtapanes
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Before someone mention it... I did search before I ask and I get error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/gaguru1/public_html/forum/search.php on line 1156

Here is my question or problem with the car; Yesterday after work I stop at a gas station to fill up the tires with air and after trying to start the car the car will start fine but as soon I let the gas pedal go the car will shut down. I drove all the way home with one feet on the gas and the other on the brakes to avoid the RPMS to go lower than 1,000 rpms. The funny thing is that I made it all the way to the advance auto part by my house and after that the car didn't have the symptoms. Today I made it to work with out no problems. I just want to find out what's wrong and get it fix so it won't happen again.

ps. there's no engine light on.

ps2. Anyone?

cmtapanes
07-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Does anyone have any clue what could it be?

Rouser78
07-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Fuel filter or Fuel pump or fuel injector are just a couple of guesses without more information? Like is the check engine light on yet, sometimes takes awhile? Or how many miles are on the vehicle etc.... Highly doubt it was caused by adding air to the tires.Were you noticing any problems before the car started acting up?

tenspeed
07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak but it shouldn't have fixed itself...