Tail Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tail Light

rwolfe
07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
im looking at gettng a used pair of aftermarket tail lights and there in great shape except for the studs are borken off on the back.is there a way to fix it or is there a way to mount this to my car securely and so that my trunk wont leak

Bryan
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Every single one is broken off?

FuriousG
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
The big question is, are they giving you the broken pieces with them? If so, Epoxy can be your best friend. If not, I'd say that unless they are being given to you for free, they aren't worth the trouble. It's possible to make them work if you're creative but it will take alot of time and energy to make them fit decently and not fall out when you hit a good bump.

I've used Epoxy to repair my headlights. One post on each light was broken when I bought them but they came with the broken peices. They both hold as good as new now. I also repaired my mirrors with Epoxy since two screws on each mirror were busted off during shipping. I wanted dual posts bad enough that I used Epoxy to set new bolts in place of the old ones. So far they have held without a problem and I've driven over 130 MPH without them shaking loose.

Post some pictures of the tails (if you can) and we'll have a much better idea of whether or not they can be easily salvaged.