P0717 code on 2000 grand am [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : P0717 code on 2000 grand am

Rouser78
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I bought a used 2000 grand am a few weeks ago and it was running fine up until last week. I was driving down the road and the transmission started shifting real hard and when I restarted it and threw it in drive it popped. Now here is where it gets interesting I ran an OBD2 scan and came up with code P0717 pending. So I reset it and car drove fine until the PCM ran its check again then the Check engine light came on this time and the transmission started acting up again, behold P0717 again. I reset it again and just like before car is driving like it did the first day.Well obviously I cannot keep resetting this but I'm not swapping out the tranny either. P0717 is the ISS or input speed sensor no signal. I read a TSB saying that in most cases its just a loose or pinched wire. Here is were the question is though there are over 10,000 wires which one is the one I am looking for? There is a brown wire leading too the PCM that looks like someone may have clipped and would be my first guess. But if anyone has the wiring schematic it would help a great deal.

Rouser78
07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Got this problem solved by cleaning the connections at the pcm and the transmission. The wires are dark blue and white/red and black. The connector to the transmission is located above the starter closest to the radiator fan.

nexxusty
07-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Hmm, cant check for codes like you but my car seems to be doing the same thing, its a 2003 and it hasnt been driven much so the tranny is fine, is there any way to reset a PCM without devices or software? See if my check engine lights come back on? About cleaning the PCM connections, I dont know where the PCM is, I really want to learn, so you just cleaned the dark blue and white/red and black wires and the other (wire?) that connects to the transmission with some sort of solvent? Isopropyl perhaps? LMK if u can, really want to get some things in order with my GASE. :)

mazdaguy
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
hey I have a 00 grand am gt i just replaced the tranny has 80,000km gets hot and shifts hard,cool it down for 4mins drives again fine till it heats up could it be PCS? And this sensor you guys are talking about isnt it a 2 prong pleug goes into side of tranny? What causes a hard shift besides that no way a pcs can be bad after doing all this work :(