fuel filter cost [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter cost

chrisjkru
07-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I called Midas to get a price on replacing the fuel filter, and was told $50 and up. This seems outrageous. Can anbody who hasnt done theirs themselves tell me what they paid. I cant do it myself because I broke my arm.

boost21
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
just do it yourself. if you have a jack and basic tools it can be done. Its only like 5 bucks as well

nickofcourse
07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
he broke his arm... hey man my advice is to call around, firestone and everywhere else. its hard for me to say becuase i did it myself.

darkshines
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Ask a friend to do it for you. It's terribly easy.

videoman
07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Very Easy to do. Put the car on ramps and do it yourself. Only down side is your hands kinda smell afterwards. Mmm smells like Premium.

SSRacer
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
That does sound high. Shouldn't take a shop more than one hour to do it (assuming a one hour minimum on labor). I have been hearing more and more bad things about Midas lately though.

chrisjkru
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I had the fuel filter replaced today, and what a huge change. The car has 68,000 miles on it, and it runs so much smoother. It was kind of bogging down before, and had a rough idle. It seems much more responsive. I just love how these guys try to talk you into all this extra crap. They act like there going to cry when you tell them no. I told Midas that that was a ripoff for $50, so they did it for $30. There was a young kid asking about brakes for his 99 sebring and the guy told him $700 for pads and rotors all the way around. That was the sale price! The kid got on his phone and was told he could have it done elsewhere for half that. The guy at Midas was all flustered, and said good luck you get what you pay for. What a sour ass.