open scoop sc/t hood [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : open scoop sc/t hood

paintsniper89
07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
whats a good way to remove the tar lookin stuff on the inside of the hood so i can make the scoops functional? Will open scoops cause a problem with water in the engine with a cold air intake?

stewartfn18
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
water wont have any effect with open scoops. on the hood im fixing there already open and i dont forsee a problem. i havent made it to tryin to get the black stuff off though.

AznGA
07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
If you have a true cold air intake, the hood scoops don't have anything to do with it because the filter is way down there.

SSRacer
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Biggest problem will just be a dirtier engine.

Nick-G
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah a cold air intake has nothing to do with the scoops but having the scoops open wont cause any problems it might keep the engine a little cooler and might let more dirt in the engine bay but thats about it.

Pauljp
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I took my scoop covers off recently because they were starting to rust, I wanted to sand them down, paint them and put them back on.
I took a heat gun that you would use to remove paint, and heated the black tar on the inside of the hood, and used a putty knife to remove the gunk. Note that there are 2 small screws on the ends of the covers. I think it is a Torx 10 or 15 screwdriver.