park lights went out [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : park lights went out

cardude007617
07-13-2008, 02:30 PM
i had my car in for service this week at work and when i got my car back, my park lights (inner amber lights im talking about) on BOTH sides dont work. i only realized it due to the faster signal thing the car seems to do. is there a relay that controls them? i checked the fuse and thats not it. any ideas? loose connection?
one burning out would make sense but BOTH at the SAME time is what throws me. i just put the invisible type silverstars in like a few months ago so im pretty sure they arent burnt out yet

stillriza
07-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Did you try and replace one of the bulbs to see if it works. For some reason on my GA..when one bulb on one side burns, the other side follows shortly after..parking, reverse, brake..doesn't matter which one.

cardude007617
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
i havent touched the bulbs themselves yet, im talking about in my headlights just to clarify.... the inner most bulbs are out

tenspeed
07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
i had my car in for service this week at work and when i got my car back, my park lights (inner amber lights im talking about) on BOTH sides dont work. i only realized it due to the faster signal thing the car seems to do. is there a relay that controls them? i checked the fuse and thats not it. any ideas? loose connection?

Take the car back to where you had work done. They broke them, they can fix them.

There are three bulbs on the parking light circuit. One under the amber reflector, one in the center and the lower filament of the turn signal bulb. Are all three out?

You mentioned that you realized the problem when the directional was rapid. That's not the parking light circuit.

Either way, take it back to the shop that broke it.

stillriza
07-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Take the car back to where you had work done. They broke them, they can fix them.

There are three bulbs on the parking light circuit. One under the amber reflector, one in the center and the lower filament of the turn signal bulb. Are all three out?

You mentioned that you realized the problem when the directional was rapid. That's not the parking light circuit.

Either way, take it back to the shop that broke it.

That's assuming the service was to the lights. It could have been in for an alignment for all we know..and if that is the case, then they may as well say go hump a tree for all they care.

What service was done? Was it related service?

And yes, I include the headlights in my first post.

cardude007617
07-13-2008, 11:26 PM
i mean the inner most amber bulb on the headlights, i believe its the 3157 type bulb.
i had an oil change, and i really cant say too much cuz i had it done at where i work; a dealership. so what circuit would this be under than if its not the park light circuit??