Fog light/turn signals/horn failure [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fog light/turn signals/horn failure

GAGT 2 Point 0
07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Still haven't been driving my car much. Maybe 3 miles in the last week. Everything was working though when I did. But I claybarred it and waxed it, and when I pulled it out of the garage, I heard this horrible buzzing sound. What the heck, looked around and turned the radio off, tracked it to the area around the fog light switch. Turned off the factory fog light switch (wired to my Hellas) and the sound went away.

I realized I didn't have fogs, didn't have a horn, and when I attempt to use my turn signals I get nothing but extremely fast clicking and flashing arrows, and outside the car, all the parking lights and turn lamps are flashing on and off. I also have no use of the horn now.

Checked all my fuse panels, both dash sides and the underhood. Checked my Hella fog fuse. Nothing, all the fuses seem to be intact.

I turned on my hazards and then every light in the dash started flashing, including the odometer. Everything flashed with the green turn arrows.

I disconnected the switch lead to my Hella fogs (white in the hella harness) and capped off the factory wire (purple). The buzzing went away when the factory relay is kicked on, but nothing else improved.

Could it be the MF switch in the column? A couple months ago I took that apart and did the "fix" for random clicking turn signals, reassembled it all and it's been flawless ever since. How could that take out the fogs though? Or make the hazards malfunction and make the instrument panel flash?

Somethings seriously amiss. ;crap

GAGT 2 Point 0
07-13-2008, 11:25 PM
* Also checked the grounds under the hood.

DRL's continue to work, reverse lights functional, brake likes A-OK. Int lamps fine. Radio fine. door locks, remote entry, all fine.

dudleyGT
03-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I just replaced my stock (broken) fog lights with some aftermarkets and seem to be having almost the same problem. I'm using the fog light lines to drive a relay for the higher wattage lights i installed. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

I was thinking the car was looking for the load of the Fog lights for some reason...

Thanks,