Need some help ASAP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help ASAP

Tank
07-18-2008, 10:53 PM
I needed a head job so I was going to break down everything and get it done. Got put on basically 78hrs at work so my father-in-law, who is amechanic, said he would do as much as he could for me. Well he did everything and was putting it back together when he got to the throttel body and there was some stuff left over. I forgot to leave out he was drinking both times he was doing this. Here are some pics can anyone help me with were this crap goes.

cardude007617
07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
i think the 4th one is the PCV valve....

plastic_indian
07-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I hope this is a joke.

But, if not:

first two images depict PCV plumbing and purge. Hard plastic PCV line runs from PCV valve in v/c, grommets into plenum behind throttle body (below retention tab on trottle cable bracket) and purge mounts more or less rear of the throttle body. Third image is of long lower intake bolts -- have fun pulling plenum back off. Fourth item is indeed PCV valve.

Malaclypse
07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Okay, the first pic is your EVAP Purge solenoid. It bolts to the upper intake manifold just behind the throttle body on the dirver's side. The PCV valve in the last pic fits on the end of that nylon hose and into the valve cover.

The second pic is your MAP sensor which bolts to a bracket between the coil pack and upper intake manifold.

The third pic is of 3 lower intake bolts. They're very necessary for this engine. Also, him having installed all the corner bolts first, he may have possibly cracked the lower intake while torquing it down.

If you don't have the means or know-how to fix this yourself, take it to a dealership or REPUTABLE mechanic who does. They'll probably have to remove the LIM again to install all those bolts and torque things properly. If it were me, though? I'd have the headgasket job done again to make sure it was done properly the first time.

cardude007617
07-18-2008, 11:32 PM
doesnt seem to be a very good mechanic if he has stuff left after doing something...

alerored04
07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
second pic is not the map it is the evap twice. I would definitely be worried about the quality of the rest of the work.

AaronGTR
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Your father in law is a shoddy mechanic. The third pic is definitely 3 of the 4 bolts for the lower intake manifold. It's definitely gonna leak without those. First two pics are of the EVAP solenoid that bolts onto the upper intake manifold and the plastic tubing that connects it to the UIM and the PCV valve. Last pic is the PCV valve. The rubber boot on top of it should be on the end of the plastic tube. Have fun fixing everything he did.

Tank
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
yeah when I get off tomorrow going to tear it down to the LIM, taking of Monday to put it back and test runs. Thanks and wish me luck