Need some help boys, my GASE isint doing so well. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help boys, my GASE isint doing so well.

nexxusty
07-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Ok guys, having some problems here, don't know what to do. I am the type of guy that will try to fix anything himself before getting anyone else to do it. I don't like businesses working with my belongings. :) Now on to the problems.

I have a 2003 GASE and 2 things are happening that I am quite concerned about.

1. Squealing sound when turning Left and sometimes Right. (had brakes done 3months ago)

2. Engine knock and ping.

I put some bad gas in the car a little while ago, gave it 4 treatments in total, 1 fuel system and 3 fuel injector cleaner. The car was idling at about 1.5k and sometimes it would go to like 3k and keep rising when I didn't even touch the accelerator. The fuel treatments seemed to stop that but it still idles at 1.5k for a few minutes until the car is warm, then it idles at its regular 600rpm-700rpm. Basically from the time I turn it on to the time to I get to a stop sign it idles properly again. I read somewhere knock and ping could be caused by carbonate deposits, could this also make my engine run high idle? I really would like to fix these two things first, before the squealing tires. I was told the metal squeaking sound I get when I turn left was most likely a sticky caliper, I don't have any idea what it is so I came here. If anybody has any information it would be truly appreciated. Thank you for your time. :)

WeibSunder
07-21-2008, 08:10 PM
#1. Have you checked your power steering fluid?

AaronGTR
07-21-2008, 09:37 PM
If you had a sticky caliper, it wouldn't make any noise when turning left or right 'cause turning the wheels left/right has nothing to do with the brake calipers. If you had a sticking caliper it would possibly make a scraping or grinding noise, one wheel would get REALLY hot, and the brake pads would be gone pretty soon.

Does it make the squeaking noise only when you are moving the steering wheel? Or just when the car is moving while turning a corner? Does it change when going over a bump? Can you describe it any better? It's very hard to make any kind of guess with so little information.

For the high idle, it can sometimes be caused by a dirty MAF sensor or a bad/sticking idle air control motor (located on the throttle body). It could also carbon buildup on the throttle body itself. Any one of those might need to be cleaned, or the IAC might actually have to be replaced. Again, it's hard to say without more info and without seeing the car.

nexxusty
07-22-2008, 06:18 AM
#1. Have you checked your power steering fluid?

If you had a sticky caliper, it wouldn't make any noise when turning left or right 'cause turning the wheels left/right has nothing to do with the brake calipers. If you had a sticking caliper it would possibly make a scraping or grinding noise, one wheel would get REALLY hot, and the brake pads would be gone pretty soon.

Does it make the squeaking noise only when you are moving the steering wheel? Or just when the car is moving while turning a corner? Does it change when going over a bump? Can you describe it any better? It's very hard to make any kind of guess with so little information.

For the high idle, it can sometimes be caused by a dirty MAF sensor or a bad/sticking idle air control motor (located on the throttle body). It could also carbon buildup on the throttle body itself. Any one of those might need to be cleaned, or the IAC might actually have to be replaced. Again, it's hard to say without more info and without seeing the car.

I haven't checked my Power Steering fluid no, I am such a n00b sometimes, I just forget things, I need to be more vigilant with this car. Anyways, I will check to see if it makes the noise with the tires cranked and without moving the steering wheel, see what happens. I can tell you it sounds like metal rubbing against metal, a squeaky metal sound, hehe I will also make sure I can describe the sound better. I did leave something out, pretty much stops squealing while braking & turning, also it started only on the left but now it starting to happen on the right side. And for the high idle is there anywhere I can go that would show me how to check those specific parts? I'd like to do everything myself. Thanks again for your time and help, much appreciated. ;)

nexxusty
07-22-2008, 02:17 PM
up

nexxusty
07-24-2008, 06:07 AM
up