Radio gets static-y when A/C is turned on... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Radio gets static-y when A/C is turned on...

eve
07-22-2008, 08:55 PM
This started happening about two days ago and I haven't altered the car in any way, so I'm mad puzzled.
Every time I turn the radio on, it's fine. The minute I turn my A/C on, the radio starts to static and it heightens the longer I have the A/C on. Once I turn the A/C off...the radio goes back to normal. And the higher I turn the A/C dial, the louder the static becomes. It kind of trips me out, because I'm either super hot in my car, or I drive in silence...
What could this be? I checked my antenna and it's in perfect condition. Like I said, I haven't made any additions to my car, so I'm wondering why this has occurred out-of-the-blue.
Has this happened to anyone, or does anyone have any idea what I can do to correct this?

nickofcourse
07-23-2008, 02:14 AM
i would say maybe your connection to the radio is a little loose. im not too sure though.

juanvan
07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Does it do it when you have a cd/tape in the radio? or does it only happen when your on a station?

Ajaxus
07-23-2008, 10:29 AM
I've had the same thing for over a year..I'm just dealing with it.. ;crap

And for the last question, not with a cd or tape, only with radio.

Mine is also aftermarket..which may contribute to it.

eve
07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
No, when I pop in a CD, it's fine, plays normally.
AJ, mine is OEM, though.
I don't get why the A/C would affect the radio output.
I'm going to take it to my buddy's shop tomorrow and see what's up and if he reaches a verdict, I'll let you know, since you have the same issue.

Molson
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
hit it with a hammer. Worked for me.

stillriza
07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
:birthday: Eve

eve
07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
hit it with a hammer. Worked for me.
I think if I start putting a hammer to my GA, I wouldn't be able to stop myself, thus leaving me without a daily driver. But thanks for the fun suggestion anyways...

I actually contacted my friend and he said he'll run a system check for me and see what's up. I'm leaving soon, so I'm not bugging out about this, but I'd like to know the cause and remedy it before I trade the car in. ;crap

:birthday: Eve

And thanks :D :D :D

Ajaxus
07-29-2008, 11:38 AM
...any word?

eve
08-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Just a FYI, it ended up being a mishap in the connection with the radio. I'm not sure what my friend did, but it works flawlessly now. Although he couldn't fully explain to me why my A/C affected the connection...??? But anyways, yeah, good luck with that ****.