1993 grand am 3.3 engine need help ! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 1993 grand am 3.3 engine need help !

tony t
07-26-2008, 12:20 AM
can sombody help me, i need to know where to locate the ABS control module for this car the brakes are acting up big time,while ligth breaking,the rear drums will grab really hard if i am not really lite appling pedal pressure, also,the abs ligth indicator no longer works in the dashboard and i replaced the bulb but it will not work anyways,maybe unrelated but the side mirrows stoped working soon thereafter as well,all fuses are fine,the brake modulator makes a weird cycle noise when the engine is first started, not like when the car was ok before but more like a groaning noise now,i want to go to a yunk yard and buy the compleate ABS i know it runs around 80 bucks inc master cilinder but,i suspect the controling box migth be the culprit,since this is beyond my trobleshooting capabilities,at least i would like to try changing it first before doing the abs assembly

tony t
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
nobody ??!

Cliff8928
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Should be in the firewall, has 3? plugs on it.

tony t
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
hmmmm ,.... in the firewall,,is to vague

Cliff8928
08-01-2008, 12:33 AM
do you have an underhood picture?

tony t
08-03-2008, 09:06 AM
I will take some pics today,by the way,i found out i had a craked rear brake drum which was making the left drum get the full braking force and making it grab real hard ,problem fixed,now last thing to fix is why my outside electric mirrows dont work no more ,i cheked all fuses oare ok,i tried unother switch and even replaced the multifuntion box under the steering which i know have something to do with the interior lights,if you know this car ,you prob have noticed a small module mounted in the drivers side lower panel.bolted over the plastic opening in the underdash plastic cover,what is this module for? it has a single connector,it seems to have no function