aftermarket headlight TYC still getting condensation HELP. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket headlight TYC still getting condensation HELP.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-27-2008, 08:39 PM
been raining here forr sereval days . and i have hosed done the car alot . i saw no water or condensation for the raining days a week and for about 2 weeks of humid heat. i i never drove it during the rain, i don't as a practice.

so i drive around abit tonight hot/humid when started, but cooled down later quite a bit. we do get condensation on the cars at night every night like to night also

i see in both headlights , in exact same areas , in 2 spots , in both headlights , at bottom of reflector and in the bottom in the narrowest parts of the light towards center of car. CONDENSATION. and in both spots they take on the exact shape as each other.

is this because of the heat from the silverstar ultra's . combined with hot / humid down to cooler temps. combined with the blk in the headlights and will i have this always.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-28-2008, 06:55 AM
went out this morning just before the rain , and condensation is 99% gone. NOT hot or humid out.

also read this postings back from 2004, he brings up a thought , his posting >>>>>For the past few weeks i`ve noticed some condensation inside the headlights (both of them) . First i thought , it might be caused by replacing the light bulb o r excessive rainfalls , but lately it`s been rather dry in here (Toronto , CA) , and i don`t know what to think... I do have to add coolant every month or two , and i can`t spot any visible leaks underneath , the oil isn`t milky , so that should eliminate an internal leak. is it possible that the radiator overheats , and since it`s right next to the headlight i t generates some moisture inside the lens?

in my case when it started to cool off outside , I DID TURN ON MY HEAT a bit. is it possible that by doing this i placed extra heat/warmth on the headlights. thus increasing my chances of getting condensation.

the whole time i drove it sunday even/night i never got out of the car . so never saw when the exactly the headlights started condensating. before i turned on the heat or after i turned it on.

it was very hot and humid all day , then i drove the car awhile it was still fairly hot out. then parked it and sat inside . after awhile i left to go back home once the outside temp cooled down , on the way home i turned the heat on. that's how i did things in order.

gectek
07-28-2008, 09:53 AM
aftermarket headlamps are not known for well functioning vents...thats what normally does it

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
these tyc type style headlights have vents ?? i am not aware of that or where they are. i know there's some defintely hose vents in my aftermarket tailights .

i had smig of water getting in one headlight just by creeping under the factory sealant but i added more of my own sealant around the original sealant. seem to have gotten rid of the leak.

the other headlights were then well dry of moisture. as the other one did not leak but it had condensation before i sealed them up. i did not remove the factory sealant just sealed around and over there's.

from what i know about vents there supose to let out moisture / air with out taking in back in.

anyone with photo's of the back of these style aftermarket headlights and can point out where the vents are.

gectek
07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
they look like little caps on the backs of the lights, and they let the pressure out also when it builds up, they are supposed to equalize the press and temp so that condensation does not build up in the light...normally when you turn your lights those valves help the condensation evap from the light and dont allow any in at the time, until the press equalizes again between outside and inside press...
or i would be way off, but that is my understanding of them

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
still don't remember seeing them . all i did was go around there sealant with mine. i'll have to try and find a photo of the backs. i don't want to take these things out for the 5th time if i do not have to .

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Well i have figured out why and when i get condensation ithe the same 2 areas in both my TYC headlights.

it does not matter if it rained out alot or was sunny hot humid etc etc whether it rained like crazy for a week as it has but cover kept the car dry. at night as soon as i turn on my headlights they build quickly the condensation. as they cool off it disappears . WHY.

i had sealed up around there sealant to get rid of a leak. no more leak .

i said i have ultra silver stars . but they are not all that more powerful heat wise i would think compare to stock long life 9007 bulbs .

and some of you guys have modded yours with more power types of lights hid etc etc.

will this adventually stop condensating if i left the lights on long , long driving a wee cool tonight drove car a 1/2 or less with lights on then condensation.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
08-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi , gectek did you say you could find or show me these vents on the backs of these aftermarket headlights. or anyone . i am not sure if this condensation with go away after having my headlights on much longer then i normally do ?????

gectek
08-16-2008, 12:23 PM
ill get some pics and try to get them up tonight

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
08-16-2008, 12:40 PM
thankyou sir.