need help with install plus photo's help big time for me. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : need help with install plus photo's help big time for me.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-29-2008, 12:14 AM
HI folks i bought and even more complete group of mesh grill then the photo above shows . now the only pieces of have left to install are the very lower , larger 2 pieces of the front bumper of my 2000 pontiac grand am gt.

i layed everything out as you photo shows above in the understanding that is the direction they face outward when placed on the car. i added my photo's attached. the 1st photo is of a cheap galvanized version of grills i had on for years. all there pieces were simple shape cutouts that worked well.

your pieces all had different sections trimmed /cut out ofthem.in my photo's you are lookking at the passenger side mesh , that i just wedged in there temporary . is that piece in the right direction ?

i see the end of that passenger piece has a square cut out of it nearest to the center of the car . then further in it has 2 more small squares not complete cut out but trim / cut verticley .am i supose to bend these toward the back of the car or forward facing ahead of the car . i guess i am asking inward or outward as you stand infront of the car.

NOW again still with this passenger side mesh . the other end of it has a larger weird cut out what is the suposed to fit around. the plastic under panel i think it's suposed to fit around is not quite shaped like that.

what i really need i supose is a photo of the top portion of these lower mesh to see what or were things were bent or placed. the photo of yours above just showshow it looks from stand infront of the car but only shows how the bottom part of mesh looks.

PLEASE BE DETAIL IN YOUR REPLY . i have problems understand things if explained briefly. thanks troy .

HI folks i bought and even more complete group of messh grill then the photo above shows . now the only pieces of have left to install are the very lower , larger 2 pieces of the front bumper of my 2000 pontiac grand am gt.

i layed everything out as you photo shows above in the understanding that is the direction they face outward when placed on the car. i added my photo's attached. the 1st photo is of a cheap galvanized version of grills i had on for years. all there pieces were simple shape cutouts that worked well.

your pieces all had different sections trimmed /cut out ofthem.in my photo's you are lookking at the passenger side mesh , that i just wedged in there temporary . is that piece in the right direction ?

i see the end of that passenger piece has a square cut out of it nearest to the center of the car . then further in it has 2 more small squares not complete cut out but trim / cut verticley .am i supose to bend these toward the back of the car or forward facing ahead of the car . i guess i am asking inward or outward as you stand infront of the car.

NOW again still with this passenger side mesh . the other end of it has a larger weird cut out what is the suposed to fit around. the plastic under panel i think it's suposed to fit around is not quite shaped like that.

what i really need i supose is a photo of the top portion of these lower mesh to see what or were things were bent or placed. the photo of yours above just showshow it looks from stand infront of the car but only shows how the bottom part of mesh looks.

PLEASE BE DETAIL IN YOUR REPLY . i have problems understand things if explained briefly. thanks troy .

PhantomLover007
07-29-2008, 04:41 AM
The long single strip goes ont he back of the GA like it shows in the pic. I drilled 5 holes (1 in each top corner, 1 in each lower corner and 1 in the middle) and used the lacing wire to secure the mesh. Used a drill bit only slightly larger than the wire. Tighten the wire by twisting it and then clipping off some of the excess and bending the rest out of view.

The two larger pieces for the bottom front facia were done the same way, ecxept mine was one whole piece.

As for the two smaller "nostril" grills, mine were already formed to just slide into the intakes.

I never had any clips, if thats what the items are that are to the right of the lacing wire. I bought all my stuff from CCG (Custom Car Grills) through E-Bay.

I'll see about snapping some pics later today, if I can. The SC/T kit covers over the back piece and I would have to raise the front of the car up to get a shot of the bottom front due to the chin spoiler being in the way. ;crap lol

PhantomLover007
07-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Matter of fact, here's the instructions straight off the CCG website.

http://customcargrills.com/Instructions/99-02PontiacGrandAmGT2.pdf

Same pics as you have in your post.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-29-2008, 10:34 AM
yes i read those instructions previously. i just can not figure out how that weirdly cut shaped 2 larger from facia nostrials fit in. what's with the cuts each.

that's why i need pictures from someone who had those exact same 2 shaped pieces as to when they are installed how they look at the top where all those cutsouts are etc.

my last crappy galvanized or guess you can say chicken wire rom www.shiftboots .com i think it was. all there pieces were simple shapes example those 2 bottom pieces were shaped like rectangles with rounded off ends. they werea simple fit and figure out.

you see in first photo the old grill then 2 photo's of new from customcargrill. in the last 2 photo's at the bottom of those mesh pieces i have them just sitting in there . there is another 1-1/2 of grill left you can not see at the bottom hanging in behind...

looking at the 2 last photo's , and starting at the left of of each ( these are both passenger side pieces ) you see the long weird shape cut out , then you just make on a verticle cut , then further over it is easier to see 2 more verticle cuts , then you see a small square cut out. where and which way and which ones of these sections am i SUPOSED ???? to bend inward or outward.

I ASUME THAT IS WHAT I AM SUPOSED TO DO?????? i tell you right now i am not drilling hole in my car just for these. for and sc/t kit yes that's different .

i have 6 of there clips still left and i can use the 4 clips from the old grilling . and so far i managed easily to attach every other pieces with clips , no drilling now wire. and they are sturdy too. so not sure wy wire and drilling was even required ??? for some of you guys IF YOU GOT THE EXACT SAME SHAPED PIECES FROM SAME COMPANY>