Inside lights staying on all the time now, help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Inside lights staying on all the time now, help

codizz88
07-30-2008, 02:20 PM
in my gf's pontiac her inside lights which include the dome, trunk, and lights by your feet stay on all the time now, as if whatever switch turns them on when the doors open went bad or something, i tried looking in the front doors to see if i could find a little button or something for when the doors are closed the lights turn off after like a minute but i couldnt find anything, so until we know what it is we have to pull out a 10amp fuse everytime were done driving, and that resets the radio and just gets annoying having to do that over and over, any help would be great. thanks

intmd8r
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Did you check the switch on the dashboard, next to the fog light switch? It's the one that controls the brightness of the dash lights, only it will turn on all of the interior lights if it is turned all the way up. I've heard of some people cleaning the dash, and activating the switch by accident. This is of course something that I know nothing about, as I have never done that before....

tony t
07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
in my gf's pontiac her inside lights which include the dome, trunk, and lights by your feet stay on all the time now, as if whatever switch turns them on when the doors open went bad or something, i tried looking in the front doors to see if i could find a little button or something for when the doors are closed the lights turn off after like a minute but i couldnt find anything, so until we know what it is we have to pull out a 10amp fuse everytime were done driving, and that resets the radio and just gets annoying having to do that over and over, any help would be great. thanks

HI,my 1993 grand am did this also,it turned up beeng the BCM not as sofisticated at this model year but, i fixed it by replacing the burnt up fuse inside the module,,which i found under the steering colum more or less easy fix,lights came back to normal hope this helps

codizz88
07-30-2008, 04:49 PM
alright, the vehicle isnt here now but ill def give those ideas a try when she gets back from work. thanks, any more suggestions would be great