potential GAGT owner [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : potential GAGT owner

spicoli
07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
tomorrow Im looking into a 2004 GAGT sedan. White,37xxx miles in good shape. Theyre asking 10k for it. What should I look at before I buy it? whats too much to pay for this car?

DrFabulous
07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
tomorrow Im looking into a 2004 GAGT sedan. White,37xxx miles in good shape. Theyre asking 10k for it. What should I look at before I buy it? whats too much to pay for this car?

Check the brakes, make sure they aren't already worn.... other than that, just the normal crap to make sure it hasn't been beat on. Thats a pretty good price, tho... maybe offer $9k

Rich
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
is there a way to see if the LIM was replaced? im not sure if the dealer would have all the records of it. thats one of the bigger issues with V6.

spicoli
07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
is there a way to see if the LIM was replaced? im not sure if the dealer would have all the records of it. thats one of the bigger issues with V6.

I found that out the hard way on my old 96 beretta z26

but this seems like a nice car,my payments shouldnt be too bad and it should do me and the fiance good in the winter.

Rich
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
i think generally, most people here are happy with there GA's. of course this is an enthusiast site. some people did get some lemons but i guess thats bound to happen with any vehicle. also, white GT's are sexy. but dont stick around here long if you want to keep your money. :thumbs:

Ajaxus
07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
mods = heroin addiction

spicoli
07-31-2008, 07:45 PM
oh im not stranger to mods lol

I used to have a 93 z28 that was fixed up some but unfortunatly I had to sell it:(

gectek
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
make sure the windows work without hesitation, make sure the wheel bearings dont make noise. use a cooling system pressure tester and pressure up the system to see if the LIM leaks. Then have them run a carfax report on it to make sure nothing bad happened. then take the vin and talk to the dealer to see what service it has seen, they keep track of that stuff. also make sure the trans fluid looks good, but insist on dropping the pan to make sure it hasnt just had new fluid put in, i cannot tell u how many people do that. ya it seems like alot, but which is better, a little time before you get it or over 2500 to replace the trans, or 500 for the LIM...also make sure the dang fuel pump isnt making a loud noise, just a slight hummm...usually when they make noise, that means they are starting to go bad. oil is a no brainer. those are just some thing you could look at. yah if you want to keep your money to finance your fiance's bad habits(which are ALWAYS more important than yours) then you should stick to the tech forum only...stay away from performance, looks, brakes/steering/susp, electronics, and the for sale forums...its a never ending spiral, its a love hate relationship really, your car loves your money and your fiance hates that you ask for car parts for your anniversary/birthday/christmas...or maybe thats just me

spicoli
08-02-2008, 03:03 AM
well guys I got the car!!!! Picked it up friday afternoon. Il post pics this weekend. So far the car is fun to drive and rides nice on the highway. So much better on gas than my pos 90 chevy 1500 pickup too.

Rich
08-02-2008, 03:09 AM
congrats on picking her up. think youre gonna mod it or keep it stock?

spicoli
08-02-2008, 04:11 AM
congrats on picking her up. think youre gonna mod it or keep it stock?

il mod it eventually. not much but maybe exhaust,intake and a tune. Then some 18s and lowering springs. nothing serious since its my dd and the fiance drives it sometimes and she cant drive for **** :lol:

AznGA
08-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Does it have the SC/T package?
Where is Pekin?

spicoli
08-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Does it have the SC/T package?
Where is Pekin?

no it doesnt,atleast that I know of. Its a gt1 I know that much but it doesnt have the special hood.

Pekin is not too far from Peoria,45 minutes from galesburg and an hour and a half from davenport Iowa.