Is it illegal to drive in PA without a hood [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Is it illegal to drive in PA without a hood

CantBeatIt96
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
like the title say, im goin to be workin on my hood, and will stil needto drive the car, would i be okay to drive around without a hood for like a few days, i live in PA and i was just wondering.

i_ammetal
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
pretty sure you couldnt find a law on being "hoodless" on the internet for you state or region, but i would suggest calling your local DMV, or something along those lines.

id say its a no tho

GTLUVA
08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Come over to Wisconsin where no car insurance is required! I pass a tan Saturn on my commutes over to school in Appleton on the freeway. He has no back door! It just irritates me how the cops are attracted to me.

PhantomLover007
08-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Move to the South!!!... lol lol

You'll see folks driving around w/o them on in either GA or AL. Most of the stuff that you wouldn't be able to get away / in states that have inspections, you could in the South... ;crap

notsoaveragej0e
08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't see why it would be necessary... think about the hot rod guys with their engines sticking out. Not only that, but since the hood has no reflectors or traffic safety devices on it, I don't see why it would be illegal to not have it. give it a shot and see what happens.

juanvan
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Only for inspection in PA - Other then that there is no law against driving with out a hood.

Expect come strange looks though

Might be worth it to move to WI just for not having to pay XXX$ a year in car insurance... Ahh that would be sweet!