Power Locks are totally messed up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks are totally messed up

Yuuzhann
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
My Power locks on the drivers side and passenger side doors are messed up trying to figure out what the culprit is my next avenue is to unplug the computer to see if the locks act the same or if its teh computer sending the signal thats messing things up because I've basically checked everything else.

So the Lock button on the doors when you push down when the door is closed it locks the car, if you hold the button for a second or two then let go it will unlock the car, When you push up on the button nothing happens. when you open the door and push down the doors unlock, and when you push up nothing happens.

this was livable with since before nothing worked but the keyless entry and this is what where my friend I stopped because we were baffled as too what was going on because relays fuses were all fine, switch was working and sending out power.

but I just got home went out on the deck and I could hear my car keep trying to lock itself over and over and over again. and doesn't stop, and when I went out opend the door it kept trying to unlock itself.

wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this at all because My friend and I never have. and we are at a loss right now next step to us seems to be the computer is fried or something. want to disconnect it and see if it contiues to try and lock its self over and over again. Just haven't gotten that far yet and thought I'd check here first.

where is teh Computer Located I'm guessing drivers side under the dash just want to make sure before I start my search.

My car is a 2002 Grand AM GT

Thanks very much for your time in reading this and any help or suggestions you may have for me

stewartfn18
08-09-2008, 07:36 PM
cliffnotes please. from the first part that i read, if you unplug the computer, nothing will work. The Pcm is the brain of the car. If you take your brain out will you work? No. My gues is that you have a loose wire somewhere. Some one else will chime in eventually.

hass
08-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, the PCM is located under the driver side dash.
there's a little panel you can pull off.
Held on by a big ol screw/plastic panel.

But like posted above...
Nothing will work o.O
If you want to just stop it from locking/unlocking... Then go for it.

I'm also a bit confused though, too.

PhantomLover007
08-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Check out the relays in the panel as soon as open the drivers side door. There are three of them for the doors. Check out this thread...

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63706&highlight=door+locks