rear window defogger broken. Help. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : rear window defogger broken. Help.

blondiez24gt
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok I got the haynes repair manual, and looked up how to fix the rear window defogger. The problem is it doesn't tell how to fix the part that is broken on Mine. I need to fix the part where the plug connects in on the side. Someone who owned the car before Me had ripped the whole piece off while it was connected. In the repair manual it says when fixing a broken spot in the element You use Dupont paste no.4817. I was wondering if I could just put a bunch of that where the plug in peice goes, and attach it like that? Has anyone had to repair this part? Or does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

gectek
08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
ok well before i say do a search...you should have searched...here is the thread for the stuff you need...
you can get it from most auto parts stores...oreillys i know has it, cuz i work there, they just have to order it. it comes from permatex pn 2135
thread:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50861&highlight=permatex&page=2

if you need to i can order you a packet and send it to you...its like $12 or something close to that

blondiez24gt
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Alright, I just wanted to make sure that the little tab that plugs in was able to be connected with the conductive expoxy. Someone pulled on it, or something why the thing was plugged in and it ripped it right off of the window. Thanks for the link. I tried searching, but what I typed in didn't bring that post up. I checked about that stuff they have it at My local shop. Thanks alot for the help.

gectek
08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
yah well ive successfully broken mine on both sides...both by throwing coats into the back seat...those connections suck at life